• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Frantic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I'm so, SO worried!
Fia was whining last night because of the storm, so at around 3:00 AM or so I took her outside to let her use the bathroom. Well, as she was coming back in, Major barged out, and out went Amelia, my little kitty! :eek::(

I rounded up Major and Fia and got them back in the house, but Amelia had taken off, I think the storm last night scared her! I looked for her, but it was dark and raining, and I couldn't hear anything over the wind. I searched all around our house, but I couldn't find her, so I went back in and went to bed. I thought for sure that she would do as she always does when she gets out (you can never catch her right when she gets out, but after about 15-20 mins of being outside, she gets sick of it and goes back to being under our patio and waiting for us to come back out to get her.

But not this morning. :sad8: I kept getting up and going out and looking for her, and I can't find her anywhere. And when I left for work at 6:30 this morning, she still hadn't been located. Its dark and stormy, and the wind is still kicked up. She isn't under our deck, or under the pine trees in our yard. I'm so worried, she's never been outside this long before and never, EVER during a storm! I'm worried that she's lost and won't be able to find her way back home :sad1:. I've had Amelia since she was born, practically. The momma cat abanadoned the litter and so I was trying to bottle-feed them all, but they had something wrong where they weren't digesting the food. I took one to the vet, and they said their veins were too tiny, so there was nothing they could do :( The entire litter died...except for my Amelia. I bottle-fed her until I was able to wean her on to wet kitten food, and I've had her ever since. I've got an ad out on Craigslist right now, I am hoping that she is just hunkered down under someone else's deck, or that someone heard her crying and brought her inside! She has a collar with a tag with my info on it, so that's a good thing.
I could just be sick, I am so worried for her!

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
How awful, hope you find her..or she find you soon. Have you checked the local vets, and any cat shelters in your area?

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry she got out and hasn't returned home yet. I can just imagine how worried you must be. Just remember cats are very resilient. They can hold their own and I am sure she is fine. She is probably just waiting for the bad weather to pass. :hug8:Keep us posted.

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
im so sorry i will be paying she is safe and finds her way home

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I hope you have a kitty waiting for you when you get home :hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I'm soo sorry.. :( Sending over prayers that Amelia finds her way home to her mommy.. :hug8:

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh no...I hope you find her...did you leave a safe place outside for her to go....food and water maybe?

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Just spoke to Paul, no Amelia yet and he's taking off for work now :(
I've left the garage door open a bit so she could get under if she goes there, and there is food and water there. I am just sick. I can't believe she is gone :sad1:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've left the garage door open a bit so she could get under if she goes there, and there is food and water there. I am just sick. I can't believe she is gone :sad1:
Chances are good she'll come back :hug8: It usually takes a day or two. One thing you can do, if you ever feed them canned food, is to go outside and use the can opener to open a can of food. If they are within ear shot, it'll usually bring them in. :)

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm praying you have a cat waiting when you get home after work.She is probably hiding out in the bushes or somewhere close.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
sending prayers and positive thoughts for Amelia and a safe, speedy return home

:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Sending prayers for Amelia's safe return. Rest assured cats are very resourceful and usually find a good dry place to stay till they feel safe enough to come back home. Keeping the garage door open a little plus having food and water there is an excellent idea. :hug5:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

How scary, I'm so sorry. I think she will come back. Is she microchipped? I think that leaving the garage door open with food in there is a great idea.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
How scary, I'm so sorry. I think she will come back. Is she microchipped? I think that leaving the garage door open with food in there is a great idea.
Yes, she is micro-chipped, and she's wearing her pink collar with her ID tag as well that has my contact information. Talk about the best $25 I ever spent! Now if she even makes it to the pound or shelter, I have a chance of getting her back.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The rain has stopped here now so hopefully she will come out of hiding when you get home

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
oh no..Ihope she comes home soon!!

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I'm sure she will be back..poor baby is just scared. And with a micro chip, collar and tags...it is a matter of time! :hug8:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Praying for her safe return !!! :hug8:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Don't panick yet - Cats are very savy survivalists! She's probably hunkered down somewhere near, awaiting the passing of the storm.. They have excellent sense of direction, she will find her way home when the weather clears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.