• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Four out of six gram stain results

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
JoJo and Chickie are going in for bile acids Thursday so we'll test them then. Jackson and LScoot had 100% gram positive rods and no yeast. BScoot had 1 yeast bud every 20 units of length along the slide. I'll have to look up the name of the unit. Rudy had no yeast and gram positive bacteria but very little of it. He's on probiotics now. Starting Friday all go on a five day course of acv. The three biggest birds love it with apple juice. So a pretty good report.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is great news!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That is great news!
thanks! two more came back. JoJo had ONE yeast bud on the whole slide and his bacteria count has improved. NO gram negative, all gram positive. Chickie's is perfect! Next nerve wracking procedure is anesthesia for Chickie to get blood on Thursday. I'm always terrified they'll come back and say they can't wake her up. The poor vet was reassuring me on the phone that they do it very fast and get them up very fast. Wish us luck!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I always ask my vet to give me happy gas when my pets have to have a procedure. Totally nerve racking.
Sending good thoughts for Chickie.