• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found Penny's History

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
eye P1040071 (2).jpg

Actually the eye is similar as if the beak print....Could be a relative of Penny...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny definitely has a real sense of humor. Her laughing is such a joy as are most of her sounds.

Tonight as I moved her again near Rio she was a bit not sure.

I put a cork board in front on Rios cage so she could settle down & they both could retire for the night & she started laughing!!!!

It was almost as though she found it amusing how I had made him go away just like that!!!

I love her so. She is such a joy to my soul....even if she is acting a bit louder now that she is near the window...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Found Pennys Breeders Feeding notes!!!!

formula ingredients was Gerber baby food creamed corn oatmeal with applesauce and bananas carrots sweet potatoes guava or mango sunflower meal pretty bird hand feeding formula spirulina, wheat grass powder, natural calcium supplement nekton bio, Nystatin, which is an anti-fungal, peanut butter organic and certified afloxin- free.

Weaning foods

weaning foods: broccoli peas in the pod carrots apples corn on the cob, spirulina, toast, sunflower seeds-hulled, sprinkled with calcium supplement, wheatgrass powder and nekton bio pretty bird pellets Cheerios peanuts almonds walnuts

Yeah, sounds like they really cared!!!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Got the DNA sex & data base certificates for Penny.

Also Nancy was thoughtful & sent me a 1999 calendar with Pennys brother on the cover as a baby!!!!

Guess what's inside on the photo...

Breeders Carol & Bob Rose!!!!

:omg::fairy2:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny was doing her fire alarm when I was making french toast!

Then when she was eatin git she was making all sort of yummy sounds!

It was healthy made with sprouted grain/nut bread & cinnamon.

She had hers plain but I had mine with a splash of cherry preserves & maples syrup!

I made corm bread so she gets a few chunks for breakfast but she really was wild over the french toast! I was too hungry so I ate mine or I would have taken a vid of her eating with those yummy sounds!!!...oooh next time as I have 3 pieces left for tomorrow...

:fairy2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's great that you keep getting a lot more info about Penny's background. Most are never able to find out much of anything about their adopted birds.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
One of Pennys Brother's was on the Cover of 1999 Baby Bird Calendar...

Calendae Penny Brother Bob Carol RoseP1040313 red.jpg

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those calendars were created by Aves International, a Southern California breeder.
In fact:

We began publishing the BABY BIRD CALENDAR in 1986 and published it every year through 2002. We stopped publishing the Baby Bird Calendar for the five years from 2003 through 2007, due to my husband's serious illness. We resumed publication of the Baby Bird Calendar and added a new title, The Fabulous Feathers Calendar in 2008, using digital images.
These calendars are available online through our Cafe Press Store- please click here.

It has become a tradition for many of our customers to purchase this calendar yearly and we hope it will become one for you as well! The calendars feature colorful photographs of adorable fully-feathered young birds highlighted by flowers and foliage that compliment their coloration. Photographs are by Gail J. Worth, the owner of AVES INTERNATIONAL and many of the birds photographed are bred by AVES INTERNATIONAL. The photographs were from medium format transparencies in the years 1986-2001 and from digital images
from 2008 onwards.
(
source...Aves International website)

Aves International closed a few years ago. I think I have one or two somewhere.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
If you look closely on the calendar photo you can see the dark/black band they used! :fairy2:

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yeah that was me petting her and she always wants to step up for me.. I took those pics a few mins before posting. She won't let many people pet her but I'm at the store more than a few times a week interacting with the birds and helping new owners with their birds but I just volunteer and do not work there... although people ask me if I'm the store owner quite frequently :blink:. Staff knows me and I help out with their IT needs. I asked veteran employee if they knew her history but all she could tell me was that Sheena belonged to Omar's friend and when she became ill and passed, Omar promised to take her and look after her. She should be about 21 years old now.

Thinking since Penny came from Omars / Frans 21 years ago that Sheena is related. They had contact with Pennys breeder & not like there are so many other Hawkhead breeders so chances are they are related or even from same clutch is she is 21 years old...

Found Hawkeye a clutcmate sold by omars & its a fact 0hat he is a clutchmate w Penny & was one egg before her!