1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found Penny's History

Discussion in 'Hawkhead Trail' started by camelotshadow, 6/5/18.

1. metalstitcher

metalstitcher Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Rhiana
    That is so amazing. She is a cutie and you can tell she trusts you @DoubleTake

DoubleTake likes this.
  2. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

eye P1040071 (2).jpg

Actually the eye is similar as if the beak print....Could be a relative of Penny...

Sarahmoluccan likes this.
  3. camelotshadow

Penny definitely has a real sense of humor. Her laughing is such a joy as are most of her sounds.

Tonight as I moved her again near Rio she was a bit not sure.

I put a cork board in front on Rios cage so she could settle down & they both could retire for the night & she started laughing!!!!

It was almost as though she found it amusing how I had made him go away just like that!!!

I love her so. She is such a joy to my soul....even if she is acting a bit louder now that she is near the window...

metalstitcher likes this.
  4. metalstitcher

metalstitcher Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Rhiana
    I'm glad you have her to bring some laughter into your life :)

camelotshadow and faislaq like this.
  5. camelotshadow

Found Pennys Breeders Feeding notes!!!!

formula ingredients was Gerber baby food creamed corn oatmeal with applesauce and bananas carrots sweet potatoes guava or mango sunflower meal pretty bird hand feeding formula spirulina, wheat grass powder, natural calcium supplement nekton bio, Nystatin, which is an anti-fungal, peanut butter organic and certified afloxin- free.

Weaning foods

weaning foods: broccoli peas in the pod carrots apples corn on the cob, spirulina, toast, sunflower seeds-hulled, sprinkled with calcium supplement, wheatgrass powder and nekton bio pretty bird pellets Cheerios peanuts almonds walnuts

Yeah, sounds like they really cared!!!

Hankmacaw, tka and faislaq like this.
  6. camelotshadow

Got the DNA sex & data base certificates for Penny.

Also Nancy was thoughtful & sent me a 1999 calendar with Pennys brother on the cover as a baby!!!!

Guess what's inside on the photo...

Breeders Carol & Bob Rose!!!!

:omg::fairy2:

Nikomania and iamwhoiam like this.
  7. camelotshadow

Penny was doing her fire alarm when I was making french toast!

Then when she was eatin git she was making all sort of yummy sounds!

It was healthy made with sprouted grain/nut bread & cinnamon.

She had hers plain but I had mine with a splash of cherry preserves & maples syrup!

I made corm bread so she gets a few chunks for breakfast but she really was wild over the french toast! I was too hungry so I ate mine or I would have taken a vid of her eating with those yummy sounds!!!...oooh next time as I have 3 pieces left for tomorrow...

:fairy2:

finchly and iamwhoiam like this.
  8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

It's great that you keep getting a lot more info about Penny's background. Most are never able to find out much of anything about their adopted birds.

finchly and camelotshadow like this.
  9. camelotshadow

One of Pennys Brother's was on the Cover of 1999 Baby Bird Calendar...

Calendae Penny Brother Bob Carol RoseP1040313 red.jpg

Last edited: 7/25/18
    iamwhoiam likes this.
  10. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Those calendars were created by Aves International, a Southern California breeder.
    In fact:

We began publishing the BABY BIRD CALENDAR in 1986 and published it every year through 2002. We stopped publishing the Baby Bird Calendar for the five years from 2003 through 2007, due to my husband's serious illness. We resumed publication of the Baby Bird Calendar and added a new title, The Fabulous Feathers Calendar in 2008, using digital images.
    These calendars are available online through our Cafe Press Store- please click here.

It has become a tradition for many of our customers to purchase this calendar yearly and we hope it will become one for you as well! The calendars feature colorful photographs of adorable fully-feathered young birds highlighted by flowers and foliage that compliment their coloration. Photographs are by Gail J. Worth, the owner of AVES INTERNATIONAL and many of the birds photographed are bred by AVES INTERNATIONAL. The photographs were from medium format transparencies in the years 1986-2001 and from digital images
    from 2008 onwards.
    (
    source...Aves International website)

Aves International closed a few years ago. I think I have one or two somewhere.

camelotshadow likes this.
  11. camelotshadow

12. camelotshadow

If you look closely on the calendar photo you can see the dark/black band they used! :fairy2:

Last edited: 7/26/18
  13. camelotshadow

Thinking since Penny came from Omars / Frans 21 years ago that Sheena is related. They had contact with Pennys breeder & not like there are so many other Hawkhead breeders so chances are they are related or even from same clutch is she is 21 years old...

Found Hawkeye a clutcmate sold by omars & its a fact 0hat he is a clutchmate w Penny & was one egg before her!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)