• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found Penny's History

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh, so sorry to hear you were in a hit and run :( A good friend of mine had a similar incident when we were in college and to this day, she is still very apprehensive about crossing streets. I hope you are doing ok.

I have extended family from San Diego to Ventura Co, and I do love visiting -- but I just cant see myself catering to the traffic everyday if I had to get on the freeway like my parents do for their work. During our last visit, we had dinner with a friend before dropping him off at LAX; it was a distance of 4 miles but it took us 45 minutes via surface streets :dead:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yes, getting hit by a car is life changing even :extremeanger:if you survive it!!!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Yes, getting hit by a car is life changing even :extremeanger:if you survive it!!!
I can only imagine :sadhug2: We take the every day for granted, like being able to cross the street without fear. I'm so sorry the driver didn't have the courage and ethics to stop and help you.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Too bad they haven't completed the extension of the Gold Line from Azusa to Montclair.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
5 week anniversary.

I think Penny may have heard her first person of 1 years on the phone. She mmay be wondering where & with whom she is with but I tell her I love her. In her eyes I ca tell she is not sure but no matter ...I will do my best to make her my angel.

Todays video...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sorry, will have to figure out how to make it public...somehow it private...

Should play now

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That is so interesting. My daughter has worked for lawyers e re of e r 20 years now and is a whiz at finding out details of something. Right now it's genealogy.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
If you are talking about exotics by frans in cypress. I wonder if penny is related to a hawkhead named sheena at omars in lake forest. Sheena is 20 some years and Fran is Omar's ex wife. I doubt it but would be cool.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I don't know if Fran bred Penny but its possible she knew the breeder & Omar got one.

Would need to see the band & if they have the same parents.

Cool!!!!

Thanks...

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Sheena was a pet then became a breeder bird, her mate chewed off her toes and omar is looking for a new bf for her. She's pretty sweet. I dont remember seeing a band on her, his birds normally dont have bands except for the cockatiels. I'll check tomorrow if i ended up stopping by, their store is about 5 traffic lights away.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Gosh the males can be mean to the females. They tried to get a male for Penny way back but he plucked her head & they shipped him off. Gosh chewed off her toes!!!!

:omg: Hawkheads cn be very aggressive & will mutilate themselves if they think something is wrong. She could have chewed off her own toes too. Penny they once said opened her belly & they think maybe she felt an egg. Gosh glad that was only 1 X.

Take a pic of Sheena if you go. Look for a dark band. Maybe ask Omar if he knows the history or her parents names.'

Thanks!!!!

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Omar only comes in on Thursday as he has multiple locations... he's always running around somewhere lol. From what they told me, her mate bit off the toes. Her chest is pretty fuzzy from plucking but she has been doing well in the store. She has been there I want to saw 1.5 years now, maybe 2. I don't have any pics of her right now surprisingly but here is a video of her about a month and half ago being a little hormonal i think.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I think I can see a dark band on the right leg. Bet she is related...it would make sense given the store.

Wow...have to show Hawkeyes Mom...May have found another sibling!!!!

:fairy2:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Is that your pics? Did she let you scritch her!

It looked like a dark ring on the vid but it went so fast with her leg shaking. Anyway bands can be removed.

Eyes are different...

Don't know as they could have changed bands for another clutch.

Hawkeye was sold from Frans Exotics as was Penny born 2 weeks apart with dark bands so I' pretty sure they are related.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Yeah that was me petting her and she always wants to step up for me.. I took those pics a few mins before posting. She won't let many people pet her but I'm at the store more than a few times a week interacting with the birds and helping new owners with their birds but I just volunteer and do not work there... although people ask me if I'm the store owner quite frequently :blink:. Staff knows me and I help out with their IT needs. I asked veteran employee if they knew her history but all she could tell me was that Sheena belonged to Omar's friend and when she became ill and passed, Omar promised to take her and look after her. She should be about 21 years old now.

Last edited: