• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Fostering Bonito and Scoby

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used to call Nerd bird spud among other terms of endearment, he of course was a Maxi but it just seemed to fit along with his name variations. He would forget he could fly so Nerd always seemed to fit.
Somehow it's so easy to come up with so many names for them, isn't it? They're so endearing and so personable.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So I'm still getting help with Scoby and Bonito and they technically belong to my "assistant" (now girlfriend). However, they still live with me and Scoby has not received the memo that I'm not his mama. He often shuns his designated person and wants nothing more than to burr-burr in my ear and to try to feed me. :hilarious: (He's so adorable, I can't take it.) He is also my little stalker and likes to sidle over on top of the couch to sit behind me and stare at me with his huge dewy eyes.

Bonito is taking very well to his new person but still retains quite a lot of affection for me. It's okay, because they don't exactly have to choose. It does free up some of my time, however, which is good. He has become even more vain and flies into both bathrooms and hovers in the hallway just to admire himself in the mirrors. ;) If I am actually in front of a mirror, it's irresistible to him and I instantly have a Bonito perched atop my head. :rolleyes:

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I look at other birds and they are all cute and funny with their own personalities...........but Lovebirds just steal my heart when I look at them. They are so matter of fact when they look at you.........no nonsense, all business, "This is what I want.........and I want it NOW"! LOL

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I look at other birds and they are all cute and funny with their own personalities...........but Lovebirds just steal my heart when I look at them. They are so matter of fact when they look at you.........no nonsense, all business, "This is what I want.........and I want it NOW"! LOL
I feel the same way about them. They are bursting with energy and personality, and are diabolically adorable. Soon you will join the ranks of lovie slaves! :)