• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Fostering Bonito and Scoby

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agreed to foster Bonito and Scoby for the time being (yes, I'm insane - but don't worry, my birds aren't getting any less attention). This is also more than my friend was able to provide for them, so it will have to do for now. At least they can be held at the same time! If I can't hack it after a while and haven't found anyone acceptable, I have one more route for getting them adopted. (I have also had another friend offer to help me with them.)

They've both been tested and are disease-free.

Lazy Sunday with sleepy Bonito:

IMG_7635.JPG

Scoby exploring:

IMG_7638.JPG

Bonito giving love post-bath:

IMG_7579.JPG

Scoby being cute:

IMG_7561.JPG

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
They're beautiful. Your house must be full of a lot of chirps in the morning!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! I love it! Your house is turning into the land of lovie :roflmao:

They are soooo cute :heart: Are they a pair (boy/girl)?

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're beautiful. Your house must be full of a lot of chirps in the morning!
I think you would've loved them if we hadn't had the whole different continents problem! :)

I expected it to be a lot louder! But mostly these two only squeak when they see me and want to get my attention - which is not as much in the morning (though some), but more later in the day. Then, it gets a bit loud in their room! They have very strong lungs. :p I think they're starting to figure out that The Person holds them within certain time frames! They're both familiar with me, so...

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! I love it! Your house is turning into the land of lovie :roflmao:

They are soooo cute :heart: Are they a pair (boy/girl)?
Seriously! I don't love it! Madness, I tell you! :laughing2: It's amazing how many unwanted lovies there are in my area. :( (You watch out, I'll show up on your doorstep with them! :p)

Not a pair, and both boys! They tolerate each other, though.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I think you would've loved them if we hadn't had the whole different continents problem! :)

I expected it to be a lot louder! But mostly these two only squeak when they see me and want to get my attention - which is not as much in the morning (though some), but more later in the day. Then, it gets a bit loud in their room! They have very strong lungs. :p I think they're starting to figure out that The Person holds them within certain time frames! They're both familiar with me, so...
I know I would have. I would take them in a heartbeat if not for that pesky ocean in the way.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Seriously! I don't love it! Madness, I tell you! :laughing2: It's amazing how many unwanted lovies there are in my area. :( (You watch out, I'll show up on your doorstep with them! :p)

I almost never see any lovebird rehomes here. The majority seem to be IRN's and cockatiels.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know I would have. I would take them in a heartbeat if not for that pesky ocean in the way.
And you're one of the few people I'd have given them to without any qualms. :bluhug:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I almost never see any lovebird rehomes here. The majority seem to be IRN's and cockatiels.
I don't know what it is. I mean, the bird store often seems to get lovebirds who need homes, and I get people offering them to me (to which I say no and advise them to find the birds homes or adopt them out via various places).

These birds I know personally, and have for years, so it's a tough situation.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Lol! I'll PM you my address :p

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The boys are still doing well and I'm getting lots of kisses. :) I think they've slowed down or maybe even stopped their plucking, especially Bonito - a little more time will tell.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Totally missed this...but glad they are getting love/care from the lovie queen. Best place to land if your a lovie. Theyre cute. Congrats on fostering

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Totally missed this...but glad they are getting love/care from the lovie queen. Best place to land if your a lovie. Theyre cute. Congrats on fostering
Agreed! Hotel Poptart is the best place to be!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am not familiar with lovebirds but love reading about them and seeing pictures on the forum. What type is Scoby? His muted colours are really beautiful.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am not familiar with lovebirds but love reading about them and seeing pictures on the forum. What type is Scoby? His muted colours are really beautiful.
I'm not exactly sure - the Scobes seems to have several things going on with his coloration. He looks a bit like Boo and Snerky (Australian cinnamon), but with some faint mottling, like he's a little pied. I believe his tummy has some blue as well. I'll have to take some pictures and see if Matt can't identify his mutation combo.