• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Formerly Petri...

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have decided to call him Petey, as it is close to his original name. Mom picked it. I'm no good with names, and I like it, so away we go.

Since arriving in my home, he has eaten Zupreem natural, Higgins Intune, Caitec OFB, Harrison's Pepper, almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, pine nuts, and shelled pine nuts, which he took from my hand. He did not care for tonight's chop and protested LOUDLY the entire time the other birds ate. His call is formidable: it's a very percussive, heavy honk-like squawk. The B&G nervous barking is in decline, and he has stepped up to go to and from his cage to the java tree.

He is still nervous and settling in, which is to be expected, but I believe he'll be fine in time. While Harry was getting skritches, Petey came down some branches, so I believe he'll solicit some hands-on interactions in the future. Meanwhile, he is setting the pace. When I put Harry away tonight, Petey contact called the entire time. He either missed me, Harry, or both.

Here he is eating Harrison's on the java tree. I am in awe of his beauty, the full beard and thick facial lines, vibrant green forehead, and gradation of three shades of blue on his wings. I forgot how beautiful B&Gs are. Yes, Sarah, you told me so.
IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:chipmunks: Yay! I'm so happy Petey is with you and sounds like is settling nicely :chipmunks:

Love the name you picked! It's perfect! He's gorgeous :swoon: How long has he been with you?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
what a beautiful boy, so glad he is a part of your flock.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Beauty is understated so happy he is settling well. He is in the perfect home to live one exceptionable happy life, I like his name Petey. :heart:

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
He is gorgeous and he hit the jackpot with you.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Does Morgan feel like the odd zon out?

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What a handsome boy.......:smileflower:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Beauty is understated so happy he is settling well. He is in the perfect home to live one exceptionable happy life, I like his name Petey. :heart:

:)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
:chipmunks: Yay! I'm so happy Petey is with you and sounds like is settling nicely :chipmunks:

Love the name you picked! It's perfect! He's gorgeous :swoon: How long has he been with you?

Mom, the bird grandma, gets the credit. He arrived last night. He's getting a bath tomorrow! No school, praise Jesus!

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
beautiful boy :)

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
if he sees the other birds eating chop and liking it, he'll try it too. Bebe figured that out after Sweet Pea woofing it down. he doesn't eat what she eats in quantity but at least he tries a little bit every day.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful :)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww he is gorgeous! :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
if he sees the other birds eating chop and liking it, he'll try it too. Bebe figured that out after Sweet Pea woofing it down. he doesn't eat what she eats in quantity but at least he tries a little bit every day.

Truthfully, I was kind of surprised that he didn't even try it. I've seen birds on seed-only diets for decades, not exaggerating, dive into my chop! I'm confident he'll try it, once he settles in. I'm very pleased he tried all of the different pellets today and took treats from me. Anytime I walk by his cage, he gets sweet talk and a pine nut. I'm not ashamed to buy his love. ;)

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is stunning! :heart::heart::heart:
I am in awe of his beauty, the full beard and thick facial lines, vibrant green forehead, and gradation of three shades of blue on his wings. I forgot how beautiful B&Gs are.

I find B&Gs to be the most beautiful of all the Macaws :heart: