• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging toy ideas

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Sunday is when I typically make or refill foraging toys. Here are a few I did this morning.
The first two photos I just used a toilet paper roll. Use something to poke through the bottom(make whatever you use make a X) that way you can stuff the paper towel roll. Add your goodies and do the X on the top and use whatever your using to hang or use as a foot toy. Today I used the braided shredder paper as my cage tie on.

Attachments

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
@FlyingMacaws Brilliant! Is the blue toy the WestPaws shoot I can't think of the name, but it's a dog toy correct? And then you just added the hole on the side to hang it from? Genius...

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
@FlyingMacaws Brilliant! Is the blue toy the WestPaws shoot I can't think of the name, but it's a dog toy correct? And then you just added the hole on the side to hang it from? Genius...
Mine actually already had a pre-built hole. I don’t remember the name of the toy. But I love it. Cotton loves soft rubber and so we go through two or three a month. But yes I just fill it with crinkle paper and treats and use the braided shredder paper to hang it.

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
I looked them up, they have a hole in the side. Perfect!! West Paw Toppls. They've been on my list forever to buy for the dogs, now I need some for the birds too! Thank you!

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
I looked them up, they have a hole in the side. Perfect!! West Paw Toppls. They've been on my list forever to buy for the dogs, now I need some for the birds too! Thank you!
I have them on my Chewy Auto-Delivery account. Lol. They are worth the cost. Each of my cages has one. It’s really only Cotton that loves to destroy hers.

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
I might be overly paranoid, I read that the glue on paper rolls that keep the tissue/paper towel on them is not good for parrots. It contains metals and can cause metal poisioning over long time usage. (No idea if this is accurate , just something I've read and to maybe research)

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
I might be overly paranoid, I read that the glue on paper rolls that keep the tissue/paper towel on them is not good for parrots. It contains metals and can cause metal poisioning over long time usage. (No idea if this is accurate , just something I've read and to maybe research)m

I never heard that. Research time