• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging Idea

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Cool idea!! :)

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
When I was dog sitting for my sister in law, their Labrador had something similar to this, because he eats too fast. I thought the same thing when I saw it though! My daughter told me I just think of everything as a possible bird toy now :wacky:
Another reason I love AA, we all think that way here!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I like it! Might work for my yorkie Riley too. He doesn't chew one bit of dog food... he just sucks it in quickly. He's such a foodie he starts begging and barking an hour before it's time to eat!
RileysFace.JPG

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Wow @Lady Jane - is that a slow-feed cat dish? I have seen them for dogs, but didn't realize that some cats had the same problem of eating too fast!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He may be a weirdo but he is just so cute!
Screams and howls when the phone rings. Absolutely hates being brushed, bathed, or toenails done. Starts begging and barking an hour before his afternoon dinner. Big time licker.... he'll lick my arm or leg for 45 minutes if I let him... licks the dog bowls long after the food is gone ( I wash them out every night). He's terrified of certain sounds outside ( like the UPS truck even if it's 4 blocks over) But he is cute... I'll give him that! He's a daddy's boy!

Riley Port FIN.jpeg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You should paint that adorable face!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I like it! Might work for my yorkie Riley too. He doesn't chew one bit of dog food... he just sucks it in quickly. He's such a foodie he starts begging and barking an hour before it's time to eat!
View attachment 311030
My cat Percy is the same! Very guilty of "bolt and barf." I got him a slow feeder and he acted like I was trying to starve him. :cautious:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Screams and howls when the phone rings. Absolutely hates being brushed, bathed, or toenails done. Starts begging and barking an hour before his afternoon dinner. Big time licker.... he'll lick my arm or leg for 45 minutes if I let him... licks the dog bowls long after the food is gone ( I wash them out every night). He's terrified of certain sounds outside ( like the UPS truck even if it's 4 blocks over) But he is cute... I'll give him that! He's a daddy's boy!

View attachment 311081
He has very nice coloring!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I have to feed one of my dogs with a foraging bowl or kong so she does not guts herself and then spew. I keep looking at the variety they now have of these sorts of animal feed dishes but sadly none of them seem like they would be macaw proof :( There are some really good ones out there now.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Find someone that works with metals and make one out of stainless steel. Course it would cost an arm and leg.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Find someone that works with metals and make one out of stainless steel. Course it would cost an arm and leg.
Hehehe My dad! I had not even thought of that!! He made me my wicked SS T-stand for Burt :)