• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging cube warning

bungo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Alexei
I bought this cube for Ino from Amazon as I couldn't find any suppliers of them foraging wheel suppliers based in the uk. So I bought it and it was attached to a cheaply made chain with a key ring hook on the end. It was made from flimsy plastic sheets that I could snap with my hands, imagine what some stronger birds could do. The sheets were held together with screws and bolts and were very sharp on the edges. After about 2 days in use the cube fell from the chain and when I removed it the bolts were extremely loose and after pulling on one of the sheets the bolt fell off and screw became loose. Just an awfully made toy made by people who are more interested in moneymaking rather than the welfare of our beloved birds.

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
I have this on the outside of Felicia's cage next to her patio door. I use it to place new treats in. I agree that it's pretty flimsy. I had fears about putting this in her cage and decided against it.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Thanks for the warning

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I have a similar one but the screws are plastic and its not as flimsy as you mention. I'd be worried with this one that the screws aren't a bird safe metal.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Thank you for the warning. I keep seeing it for sell on ebay (us sellers) and have been wanting to get a couple. Will not be getting any now.