• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For Garet

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Garet Sorry I couldn’t find your thread! I wanted you to see a picture of Rios wing.

She was hatched in February of last year, and we got her in June and her wings were already clipped.here is her wing just now you can see that it is almost grown back in.

In spite of that she can fly about halfway across the room! 4F1DF7A5-60B8-432B-962A-38851AB02DB7.jpeg

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
@Garet Sorry I couldn’t find your thread! I wanted you to see a picture of Rios wing.

She was hatched in February of last year, and we got her in June and her wings were already clipped.here is her wing just now you can see that it is almost grown back in.

In spite of that she can fly about halfway across the room! View attachment 275839
Aww baby! :sad4: How long did it take for her to adjust? Krem just sort of falls diagonally at best. The furthest I've seen him get is half a foot if he starts from a high place.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
This thread may be "For Garet" but surely you know there's a few looky-loo's here. (read: I'm being nosy
) Glad to hear Rio is flying well. I didn't know she was clipped. :(

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Aww baby! :sad4: How long did it take for her to adjust? Krem just sort of falls diagonally at best. The furthest I've seen him get is half a foot if he starts from a high place.
I am not sure, since she was my first baby caique ... it seems like it was a good 2 months before she tried a "winged leap" across to the next cages...but she still gauges how far it is and whether she might make it, you can see it in her eyes-- sort of like a kid starting and stopping before a hurdle. She can fly off the top of her cage and land on my shoulder when I am about 6 or 8 feet away, any further than that and she goes to the floor.

LOL she just fell off the top of her ladder! CRASH!
This thread may be "For Garet" but surely you know there's a few looky-loo's here. (read: I'm being nosy
) Glad to hear Rio is flying well. I didn't know she was clipped. :(
Of course! If it was private, I wouldn't have put it out here.

:p The more the merrier!
Exactly.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Don't look now. Someone else is viewing this very private thread. ... The nerve of some people. ;)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Rio was an impulse buy, even though we had decided to get 2 caiques "someday" we weren't really thinking about getting her that day!

So the wings were already clipped and I thought no big deal...it's kinda been a big deal now that it has been nearly a year.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I am not sure, since she was my first baby caique ... it seems like it was a good 2 months before she tried a "winged leap" across to the next cages...but she still gauges how far it is and whether she might make it, you can see it in her eyes-- sort of like a kid starting and stopping before a hurdle. She can fly off the top of her cage and land on my shoulder when I am about 6 or 8 feet away, any further than that and she goes to the floor.

LOL she just fell off the top of her ladder! CRASH!
Exactly.
He doesn't understand that he can't fly. He keeps on trying. Thankfully he aims for the side of my bedroom with the laundry hamper and dog bed. The dog doesn't use it so I guess it's his now. If only I had the room for it up on his shelf. :p I'd so get rid of the bottom of his cage.

Caiques sound like quite a handful. Like lovebirds x 20.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Caiques sound like quite a handful. Like lovebirds x 20.
Yes! But so cute and funny. A two year old [human child] on steroids, who never sleeps would be a fair comparison. Like when I was taking pictures earlier, she realized I was pushing the big round button on the screen of my iphone. So she started beaking it/taking pics.

Then I was on the phone, and the big round END CALL button was there........:rofl:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh. Also I have been trying to teach her to yell "telephone" when hubby's phone rings. Instead, when mine rings she says "Wheeeeee!"

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Yes! But so cute and funny. A two year old [human child] on steroids, who never sleeps would be a fair comparison. Like when I was taking pictures earlier, she realized I was pushing the big round button on the screen of my iphone. So she started beaking it/taking pics.

Then I was on the phone, and the big round END CALL button was there........:rofl:
:coffeescreen:

They sound like awesome fun to have around! I was actually considering looking for one before I got Mims, but it wasn't meant to be.

You should really get her her own phone and help her set up an Instagram account. I bet she'd love that!
Or just put her on the phone when IRS scammers try calling. :angelic:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
This might help too, I took this video after Fëanor was home for a little under 4 months. It is in slomo so you can see his clipped wings a bit better. I have no other videos from when he flew with real clipped wings on my phone, those are all on my computer.