• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For fun...what’s your fids favorite toy ever?

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Cheeky's favorite toy is a spoon. Or anything noisy and metal she can pick up and drop repeatedly to make noise. She will squeal with delight at the noise. When she's in a playful mood, she can spend 20 min straight throwing a spoon around on the floor. A spoon's half her weight, so it seems like good exercise too.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Cheeky's favorite toy is a spoon. Or anything noisy and metal she can pick up and drop repeatedly to make noise. She will squeal with delight at the noise. When she's in a playful mood, she can spend 20 min straight throwing a spoon around on the floor. A spoon's half her weight, so it seems like good exercise too.

That reminds me! Darwin likes anything kitchen related. Spoons, spatulas, rolling pin, pots, pans, etc.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
They are all a bit different but if I had to pick one for all...TNT's triple play toy. Every bird always tears it up.

You can see Carlton behind Giggie swinging that thing around.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo has two go tos:

The Small Maze Forager

and the Aronico Aglet Heaven (which is also one of Bobber's favorites)

Bobber's other favorites are:

Catch of the Day by OG

and an Avian Stainless toy (can't remember the name)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I got a huge order from Lil Monsters and they've all been destroyed especially the colored balsa and the ones you can hide treats. I'm going to order again. They are all trashed and unrecognizable. I will say that I still have all the toys I've purchased from Petsmart or other places. I firmly believe if you buy toys from people who own birds, you've got it made!

I also have a lot of bottlebrush, eucalyptus, Pine, Banana leaves and all kinds of vines that can be made into toys we also have a California Sycamore which they love to use as perches and chew like crazy. That Sycamore grows 25 feet every year. We will be chopping down so much as we didn't do it last year. I will cure the branches after cleaning in the oven. Our tree person will be here in January to trip all the trees. I also have bamboo and a lot of other bird friendly trees and it is that time of year.

I will ship a bunch to Lil Monsters for new toys as soon as the tree person comes next month! I'm also saving bamboo and banana leaves to see if I can make toys with them like boxes and so forth. I'm hoping my daughter is out of the hospital then and we can do it together.

Thank you so much :heart: I too am hoping your daughter recovers soon!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The Small Maze Forager
Thank you for posting this. I'd seen this toy online but I thought it was just a different brand of the clear Caitec Foraging Wheel that Luv Bug already has, but I like the way this one makes him turn the wheel back and forth!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thank you for posting this. I'd seen this toy online but I thought it was just a different brand of the clear Caitec Foraging Wheel that Luv Bug already has, but I like the way this one makes him turn the wheel back and forth!

It's definitely different! I love them so much I sell them now :)

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kraz's favourite toy has always been this little $6 quad-pod that I bought for him when he was a baby. He'd sit there all day doing nothing but spinning it around and around if I let him. I've tried a few times to replace it with something a little less cheap (and plastic) but he won't have that. :roflmao:
quad pod.jpg

Aurélie's favourite is, hands down, her swing. She sways around, hangs upside down, chews up the beads, and entertains herself for hours with it. She's such a little monkey.

Rafi, unlike her siblings, isn't much into actual bird toys. Every so often she'll hang upside down and rattle them around, and she can be enticed to show interest by stuffing a toy full of almonds, but her favourite thing to play with, without question, is my big white mug. She's been in love with it ever since she came home, and I have to be careful about drinking from it while she's around, because it'll inevitably end up on its side, being rolled around the room. :D

rafi's mug.jpg

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Kraz's favourite toy has always been this little $6 quad-pod that I bought for him when he was a baby. He'd sit there all day doing nothing but spinning it around and around if I let him. I've tried a few times to replace it with something a little less cheap (and plastic) but he won't have that. :roflmao:
View attachment 263279

Aurélie's favourite is, hands down, her swing. She sways around, hangs upside down, chews up the beads, and entertains herself for hours with it. She's such a little monkey.

Rafi, unlike her siblings, isn't much into actual bird toys. Every so often she'll hang upside down and rattle them around, and she can be enticed to show interest by stuffing a toy full of almonds, but her favourite thing to play with, without question, is my big white mug. She's been in love with it ever since she came home, and I have to be careful about drinking from it while she's around, because it'll inevitably end up on its side, being rolled around the room. :D

View attachment 263281

Clem has this and loves it also!

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Jordan loves this toy, thing is, they redesigned it, so if I get a new one it won't look the same. This is a picture from when she was still a baby. FullSizeRender.jpg

Elvis' favorite toy, anything with popsicle sticks on it, but this is the one he loves most, I have to buy a new one every week.
5142322.jpeg

Opal doesn't really play with toys, but she does enjoy sitting on this perch, when she isn't eating.
15136493904251139366786.jpg
Skittles, haven't figured out what she likes yet.

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
This ball is by far Grumbles favorite, he absolutely loves it.
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 10.59.16 PM.png
Besides that anything shreddable, such as balsa, cork, finger traps/paper, etc.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Akela loves to hanging upside down in her boing, battle with a bell.

Or to have fun with a toilet paper roll. :D

Eliy loves all SS foot toys I made for her.

And Eloys favorite was this: (if you don't count me. Because me and my ears was the best thing he knew to play with.)
Wow! I love your foot toys :heart: And what beautiful birds to showcase them with :D
Any chance you could send them to Iowa ;) :hehe:
(I don't think I could make those on my own haha. I could try but it would end in disaster lol.)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Wow! I love your foot toys :heart: And what beautiful birds to showcase them with :D
Any chance you could send them to Iowa ;) :hehe:
(I don't think I could make those on my own haha. I could try but it would end in disaster lol.)
Sorry, I thought I did reply to this but I forgot it.. :o:
Yes I can send you some smaller SS foot toys. Just give me some time to making them first. :)

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Sorry, I thought I did reply to this but I forgot it.. :o:
Yes I can send you some smaller SS foot toys. Just give me some time to making them first. :)
How much would it even cost to send them here? I have a feeling it would be more than the toys themselves.
I couldn't really find anything on the internet about that, but Grumbles would absolutely love them so it would be worth it. :)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
How much would it even cost to send them here? I have a feeling it would be more than the toys themselves.
I couldn't really find anything on the internet about that, but Grumbles would absolutely love them so it would be worth it. :)
It will not cost that much, and it's a gift from me to you.
I will let you know when they are ready to ship. :)