• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For fun...what’s your fids favorite toy ever?

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
i thought it would be fun to have a thread of everyone’s favorite toys.
I don’t know if this has already been done, but oh well:roflmao:
My baby loves this toy..

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Akela loves to hanging upside down in her boing, battle with a bell.

Or to have fun with a toilet paper roll. :D

Eliy loves all SS foot toys I made for her.

And Eloys favorite was this: (if you don't count me. Because me and my ears was the best thing he knew to play with.)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Rylee that’s a great toy! Anette you have created a wonderful play ground for Akela and Eliy. So much fun! And I love that picture of Eloy!

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
IMG_3062.JPG
The boys love this triple super bell thing from Avian Stainless. I couldn't find an exact picture of the bell (unless I was to take a picture but that sounds like work) but this is the closest thing. They both love bells.

A close second is the stainless steel skewer with lots of things to chew put on it and also branches

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
I'm going to have to agree with JT on this.. Felicia's favorite toy is me.. or anything I have in my hands instead of paying attention to her.. lol. As far as actual toys.. she currently just likes pinging her cage bars mostly because it annoys and wakes up mommy.. :bash::cautious:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Buzzard's favorite toy is his large stainless bell upload_2017-12-10_20-24-15.jpeg but it drives my husband crazy because it's so loud so he only gets it when hubby isn't home.

Harley's is her Half Ball.
She stands with her head in the middle & plays with all of the bells. :xflove:

Scotty doesn't care much for toys, but since he likes to be up as high as possible, he loves his t-perch we have on top of his cage.

Luv Bug loves plastic clips, anything mechanical (bolts, puzzle toys) and anything shiny. She also ants a lot so she has a tray of beads we keep in her cage to keep them from falling through the grate.

Eliy loves all SS foot toys I made for her.

And Eloys favorite was this: (if you don't count me. Because me and my ears was the best thing he knew to play with.)
:shocked2: You must teach me how to make Eliy's stainless toys. :angel1: Especially the ones with the nuts. Love Bug isvery mechanical and very attracted to my earrings. :meh:
I've seen toys like Eloy's before. What a good idea, I'll try to find one for Bug. :tup:

Last edited:

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Louise's favorite are bells, esp the ones that were made by Avian Stainless. Good thing they last forever since they are no longer available.

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
I'm going to have to agree with JT on this.. Felicia's favorite toy is me.. or anything I have in my hands instead of paying attention to her.. lol. As far as actual toys.. she currently just likes pinging her cage bars mostly because it annoys and wakes up mommy.. :bash::cautious:
Haha! That sounds fun!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
:shocked2: You must teach me how to make Eliy's stainless toys. :angel1: Especially the ones with the nuts. Love Bug isvery mechanical and very attracted to my earrings. :meh:
I've seen toys like Eloy's before. What a good idea, I'll try to find one for Bug. :tup:
It's easy, but you need to be strong in your hands if you do them without any power tools.
And I love DIY, so much fun! :) Here are more if you need inspiration. Pictures - For my girls.. | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:chin:Hmmm... strong hands... :idea2: I think my husband will be very busy making bird toys soon. :tongue2:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@Eloy I looked on Amazon for that Brio toy of Eloy's. It was $119 + $5 delivery! :rofl: I found one similar for $10.99 which I just ordered. I'm hoping Tiki might like it as it's hard to find toys she will play with. She chews toys sometimes, but more so non-toys like furniture and baseboards! She doesn't chew much in her cage.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
As for my other birds, they don't really have favourite toys. Darwin gets bored easily and needs new things constantly and gets into whatever he can find that isn't his. If they really liked a toy and chew it up quickly, I have no idea what it looked like to replace it! :lol:
Itsy chews red wood first. I think she hates red as it's hard to get her to step on my shoulder if I'm wearing a red shirt.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Eloy I looked on Amazon for that Brio toy of Eloy's. It was $119 + $5 delivery! :rofl: I found one similar for $10.99 which I just ordered.
I would love to get one for Bug but I couldn't think of what that type of toy would be called. Do you have a link to the ordered or can you tell me what it's called? :)

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
I got a huge order from Lil Monsters and they've all been destroyed especially the colored balsa and the ones you can hide treats. I'm going to order again. They are all trashed and unrecognizable. I will say that I still have all the toys I've purchased from Petsmart or other places. I firmly believe if you buy toys from people who own birds, you've got it made!

I also have a lot of bottlebrush, eucalyptus, Pine, Banana leaves and all kinds of vines that can be made into toys we also have a California Sycamore which they love to use as perches and chew like crazy. That Sycamore grows 25 feet every year. We will be chopping down so much as we didn't do it last year. I will cure the branches after cleaning in the oven. Our tree person will be here in January to trip all the trees. I also have bamboo and a lot of other bird friendly trees and it is that time of year.

I will ship a bunch to Lil Monsters for new toys as soon as the tree person comes next month! I'm also saving bamboo and banana leaves to see if I can make toys with them like boxes and so forth. I'm hoping my daughter is out of the hospital then and we can do it together.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I searched for Brio bead toy and it came up. The one I got was this: Melissa & Doug First Bead Maze - Wooden Educational Toy, Jigsaw Puzzles - Amazon Canada
That looks like fun! I would like to play with that! :laugh: And I guess since it's made for kids the paint is non-toxic, too. There are suction cups on the bottom, too? I was thinking of attaching it to Buggy's cage, but since it has suction cups it would be perfect to put on the corner of the bar counter she has claimed as one of her perching spots. :tup: She likes to throw everything off of that spot.

It didn't occur to me to search "Brio", guess I thought that was a brand instead of the name of the toy. "Bead maze" huh? Thank you so much!

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
That looks like fun! I would like to play with that! :laugh: And I guess since it's made for kids the paint is non-toxic, too.

It didn't occur to me to search "Brio", guess I thought that was a brand instead of the name of the toy. "Bead maze" huh? Thank you so much!

Yes, Brio is the brand but I couldn't think of what else to search for at first either. I had "Brio toy" and too many different toys were coming up.

Manufacturer recommended age: 5 - 50 Years (so I'm out :hilarious: )