1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foam Mats Safe?

Discussion in 'Safety Avenue' started by taxidermynerd, 9/13/17.

1. taxidermynerd

taxidermynerd Sprinting down the street

Bee
    Are foam mats like these (Amazon.com: POCO DIVO Floor Mat 9-tile Multi-Color Exercise Mat Solid Foam EVA Playmat Kids Safety: Toys & Games), the kind you use for babies, safe for birds? I was looking to use them to make play areas on the floor as well as areas for treats on the bottom of his cage.

Is there any kind, in particular, I need to get or look out for? Could I just walk into my local store, go to the baby area, and pluck a random pack off the shelves? Chirp isn't a big chewer, so I'm not too concerned about that.

2. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    You can not use "foam" with a parrot. They will ingest it most certainly even though it's not food just because it's so chewy. Rubber is another dangerous one.

taxidermynerd likes this.
  3. taxidermynerd

taxidermynerd Sprinting down the street

Bee
    Ah, got it. See, this is why I ask!

At the moment I'm using this MakeYourOwnBirdToys.com - Plastic Foraging Tray in his cage underneath his foraging toys so he can get any treats he might drop. I guess I'll be getting more of those!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)