• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foam Mats Safe?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Are foam mats like these (Amazon.com: POCO DIVO Floor Mat 9-tile Multi-Color Exercise Mat Solid Foam EVA Playmat Kids Safety: Toys & Games), the kind you use for babies, safe for birds? I was looking to use them to make play areas on the floor as well as areas for treats on the bottom of his cage.

Is there any kind, in particular, I need to get or look out for? Could I just walk into my local store, go to the baby area, and pluck a random pack off the shelves? Chirp isn't a big chewer, so I'm not too concerned about that.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You can not use "foam" with a parrot. They will ingest it most certainly even though it's not food just because it's so chewy. Rubber is another dangerous one.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
You can not use "foam" with a parrot. They will ingest it most certainly even though it's not food just because it's so chewy. Rubber is another dangerous one.
Ah, got it. See, this is why I ask!

At the moment I'm using this MakeYourOwnBirdToys.com - Plastic Foraging Tray in his cage underneath his foraging toys so he can get any treats he might drop. I guess I'll be getting more of those!