1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flying out of cage

Discussion in 'Amazon Avenue' started by Haleema, 10/5/18.

1. Haleema

Haleema Meeting neighbors

I just bought a hand reared amazon. It does take food out of my hands but doesnt step up. It was dying to get out of the cage pacing up and down. I let it out and it flew around. Had to pick it up and put it back in the cage which resulted in me being bitten. As obviously expected! Any tips on how to get it to trust me and what to do when it gets agitated to come out?
    Thanks

2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Tailgating!!! Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    Let it out, let it explore, and usually they will usually go back to their cage on their own or will ask for help. He bit you because he wasn't ready to go home it sounds like

Haleema likes this.
  3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    A favorite treat can help lure them back to the cage too.

Haleema and Mizzely like this.
  4. Feather

Feather Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Jasmine
    Time and patience.
    Stepping-up is actually a learned behavior. If the breeder didn't teach him, then it's up to you.

Haleema and Mizzely like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)