• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly high Mister

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Mister the CAG, at Dr. Barb's clinic, has been there since 3/4/17. he was beautiful bird that I helped to rescue from a home that he was no longer wanted in. he came to clinic malnourished, with addiction to Pepsi in his water, fed human junk food along with human cereal. he had broken a wing at one time and it was never repaired properly. he would attack your feet if he was on the floor. he was tube fed for a while to get his weight back up. he hated it at first but once he started feeling better he was better about getting fed with the syringe. after going thru bloodwork and swabs, his kidneys and liver values were messed up big time. he several severe seizures because his calcium levels were either sky high or nil. every seizure we thought he would not win , but he would bounce back, with meds and calcium. he was tested for PBFD, Aspers, Heavy metals, fatty liver disease and Diabetes. he passed all of those tests with flying colors, the only thing that was constant was his calcium values were always messed up. he went to the UofM vet school for CAT scan and MRI because none of the bloodwork showed any thing being wrong. he passed those also. he finally started eating on his own and was weaned off of Pepsi in his water until it was just plain water. he loved shredders we made for him, phone books cut into diagonals hung in his cage on SS hook would be gone in a day. he also got into finding forging treats in his cage.
this past Thursday he became extremely sick, bloodwork show his kidneys were in dire straits. he was X-rayed and they found a huge kidney stone. he was operated on and the stone was removed. he went back into the incubator to recover. somebody stayed with him 24/7. he seemed to rally yesterday and was doing so much better. then last night he took huge turn for the worse. Dr. Tony stayed with him all thru the night. but by this morning, he was in so much pain and the pain meds were not enough. we all gather together to say goodbye to the feisty Mister. he was put down.:crycry::crycry::crycry:
Fly high, big boy, go find Myrtle (his previous owner). know that you were loved by so many. :sad7::sad7:

Last edited:

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
oh so sad, I've been reading your posts about him
Fly free and high, Mister

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
thank you, I have gone thru a box of Kleenex today.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this ... I always liked hearing about this guy and hoped he would find a forever home someday ...Fly high lil buddy ...I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry. Mister was a fighter.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry, fly free little man, free of pain..

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm very sorry too. He was a fighter. Fly high Mister :sorrow:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Very sad to lose such a majestic bird.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:sorrow:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
:(

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Be free Mister!
:sad13:

BlueAbyss

Walking the driveway
He was such a fighter. I'm sorry this had to happen. Fly free Mister. :sorrow:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
My condolences, he sure was a fighter. Your compassionate care ,I'm certain, gave him some time of quality life and love.
:hug3:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
the stone was sent to pathology lab at the U. the report will be back some time next week. I have cried as much as I did with Rocky if not more. it has been lousy day.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am very sorry about Mister.:bighug:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for the loss.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you lost him, but sounds like he was starting to know he was in a good safe place. I've had many kidney stones over the years and the pain can get to be unbearable at times but at least I know what's happening, poor Mister, he fought the good fight and you all did the best you could for him. I'm sure he's looking down from the bridge happy to be pain free and swearing like a pirate:sadhug::sad3:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
he would have made james dandy bird for a pirate. I think he knew every cuss word know to man and what he didn't know he made up. when I work quite often I bring my little MP3 player with. I have tiny set Maxell speakers that I can plug into the MP3 player. on my playlist is a lot of Jimmy Buffet. one of Mister's favorite songs was Son of a Son of a Sailor, but of course he change the song to his own words Son of a Son of a Sea Biscuit. the first time I heard it, my head whipped around to see, if he was singing. He was and then came that evil chuckle he had. "like yup you heard me, Right?" Rest in Peace Mister...

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm so sorry about Mister.
:sadhug2:
I loved hearing about him and his progress. I'm so glad he came to the clinic and had such wonderful care. Rest In Peace you silly bird.:sorrow: