• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly Free, little Buckbeak

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:sad11: Oh no! I'm so sorry your darling Buckbeak is gone. He was a very special bird and very lucky to be so well loved and cared for. What a bittersweet blessing that you heard him fall before he passed; at least the three of you were able to be together. :sadhug:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I can't help but think that he knew he didn't have much more time, and all he wanted to do was express his love for us and to just be with us and seek comfort for us.
I think he knew. He loved you so much, and I know how much it hurts right now, but later you will always be happy for that.
Buckbeak spent his last moments in his favorite spot - on my fiance's shoulder. When he was took weak to perch by himself, I held him. He died in my hand while my fiance whistled to him.
You really did everything you could and was also giving him the best end he could ever dream of. ♥
I'm crying now, this is so sad but also it shows how beautiful love can be.
When Eloy died, (also in my hands) I was acting calm and tell him over and over again how much I loved him, and meanwhile I kissed him.
When I knew that he was gone, I began to screaming, most of chock, because it did go so fast, and I have planned to have him near at least for 30 more years.
But as long as he was alive I didn't want him to see me like that, he deserved a better end, just the one you gave Buckbeak. ♥

I'm so so sorry for your loss. :sorrow: I will light a candle for him tonight.
And their was no doubt about how much you loved him. And he knew that. ♥

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
God always keeps the special ones close to him... always remember that in good faith! There are a lot of very special fids who have crossed over from AA, I'm sure he is one of the very special ones also! God Bless you all! :sorrow::sorrow:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I'm so sorry :(

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
oh...you have a good man there.
I know it. :heart: I feel so, immensely grateful to have him. He loved Buckbeak just as much as I did - Buckbeak was our baby.

When Eloy died, (also in my hands) I was acting calm and tell him over and over again how much I loved him, and meanwhile I kissed him.
When I knew that he was gone, I began to screaming, most of chock, because it did go so fast, and I have planned to have him near at least for 30 more years.
But as long as he was alive I didn't want him to see me like that, he deserved a better end, just the one you gave Buckbeak. ♥

I'm so so sorry for your loss. :sorrow: I will light a candle for him tonight.
And their was no doubt about how much you loved him. And he knew that. ♥
I know exactly what you mean. As he was dying, I knew I just had to be there for him. It was not until after he had passed away that my hands started shaking. And when I cried that night, the feeling came from a very raw place in my chest. It hurts so bad, especially when you think you have more time.

Thank you all so much. It helps knowing that we're not alone.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It was great how you both let him sit and held him so he knew his flock was watching over him and loved him. Nerd went in a similar way sitting on my arm. Be glad you two were there for him and he knew love and family till the end. :sadhug:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh Cary, I’m so very sorry about your loss of Buckbeak.:sadhug2:My heart aches for you. It was wonderful that he had you both loving on him at the very end. Fly high little Buckbeak, and say hello to Twilight for me.:sorrow:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

Wings Forever High, Buckbeak...

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: Its so clear how much you loved and cared for him. You went above and beyond for him. My heart breaks for you.
:sadhug2:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Last night was rough...

The past five days my grandparents had been in town, and so I sort of put on a brave face while they were in town - they also kept me pretty busy. Yesterday afternoon they got on a plane and went back to Tennessee.

I did not realize just how much I'd been bottling up my grief until last night. I woke up some time before 2am and I don't think I fell back asleep until 5am... I tried to distract myself by reading and such first, but after a certain point I was just lying in bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Buckbeak and how much I missed him and I started crying uncontrollably. :sad11:

I keep expecting him to come back. I keep expecting to wake up in the morning and uncovering him and seeing is sunny yellow face - he always started the with a happy fluff, a little "ba-gwup" chirp and a sweet little song.

I miss him so, so much.