• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flight recall (indoors)

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
So we've been working in flight training with Tuki for months. Problem is, he always lands on my head. He can't seem to land on my hands? (I'm still working on back to perch/cage training). Can anyone offer any advice here? Like what I'm doing wrong?

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
That is awesome that he can land on the head, good job! What method are you using ?

Are you still looking into adoption ?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
There's a method for this?!?! I've just been trying to call him with a treat. Most of the time he comes when I call his name and do our flock call (like a wolf whistle with Tuki), But I can't seem to get him to land on my hand or even go back to his cage. (I've tried Home, perch & cage, none of which seems to satisfy him) Our communication skills must be lacking.

And yes, we are still considering adoption. The home visit was this past Sunday and it went really well, so now we are just waiting for them to match us with a new flock member

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
There's a method for this?!?! I've just been trying to call him with a treat. Most of the time he comes when I call his name and do our flock call (like a wolf whistle with Tuki), But I can't seem to get him to land on my hand or even go back to his cage. (I've tried Home, perch & cage, none of which seems to satisfy him) Our communication skills must be lacking.

And yes, we are still considering adoption. The home visit was this past Sunday and it went really well, so now we are just waiting for them to match us with a new flock member
Interested in a sun and GCC ? :)
I know that there is another GCC still looking for a home, Orlando, very pretty . I adopted his siblings Monet and Picasso and they turned out awesome so far !

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I'm interested in the sun, for sure. I've seen Orlando, he's gorgeous. But I told them I was iffy on bringing home a male green cheek since I was scared of getting eggs since Diego was older. But they haven't told me who was available yet. Which sun is up there?

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
I'm interested in the sun, for sure. I've seen Orlando, he's gorgeous. But I told them I was iffy on bringing home a male green cheek since I was scared of getting eggs since Diego was older. But they haven't told me who was available yet. Which sun is up there?
I just got Daisy a 4-5 year old sun and Fergus her mate. She is very friendly and he is protective of her. Let me take a picture !

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
omg they are adorable!

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
omg they are adorable!
Yes, and very very in love. I hope they will find a good home. Sometimes I think Daisy wants to be away from Fergus but I only had them for four days, will watch them more.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I'm sure they will. I am partial to conures, so they were very high up on my list, but we will see. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll hear something. I know they have 167 or something birds total in foster and then another 107 or so on the waitlist so I'm sure our flock member is out there waiting!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Quit offering your hand. It's a terrible place to land and a place they don't like standing to start with. Offer your arm/elbow/shoulder instead.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Quit offering your hand. It's a terrible place to land and a place they don't like standing to start with. Offer your arm/elbow/shoulder instead.
well snot john I havent thought of that :wideyed:. I'll try that. Thank you!