• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fishies? Salty fishies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braekedaun

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Matt
Heres my other upstairs occupant - the tank. Its a 150 extra high in a cabinet I made for it.

Last edited:

Jess

Real Name
Jess
Beautiful tank, i'd love that!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Very nice. I promise I will put some pics of mine up soon.I :heart: my salties. I have a yellow sided fairy wrasse, 2 Oscellaris clownfish{for years}, a candy striped hogfish, a tiny hawaiian bluespot puffer, a horned blenny, a psychedelic mandarin, a Lubbock's fairy wrasse,and an African Bluestriped pipefish. I also have a nano I set up for some shrimp that I have wanted since starting the hobby in 03' which only recently became available, called Emperor shrimp. I have a pair, and they hang out in a Fl ricordia. I added two tiny red striped gobies.:)

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
we need PICS! That nano sounds AWESOME! I love shrimpies, but they disappear usually in the depths of a large tank!

And I LOVE ricordea - (you got any good suppliers? I cant get them for less than $25 per ric up here, I can order them online for $15 a piece, but if I lived any closer I'd just drive with my snorkel!!)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Here is a teaser..they look like they have icing dribbled on them.

and here is a web pic of them

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
OOhh..I forgot, just looked at him and remembered:o: I also have a bristletail filefish!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness. I am drooling over here. Nice tanks!! I havent had fish in ages so its nice to enjoy yours! :highfive:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
YAAY Matt!! I was hoping you would post some pics of your tank - it is an awesome set up and I so enjoy looking at it.

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
waterfaller, that is very cool!

Thanks, ya'll. As you know, its a work in progress, but I'm still happy with my "on a budget" approach to it! Now it comes to stocking it, its not as easy as building it!

Everyone should post pics of theirs too!

drop

Rollerblading along the road
Wow beautiful tank, Braekedaun, I really love the look of the 150g x-high but short as I am I would not choose such a tank for myself. I have never actually seen one around here, what are the dimentions? Waterfaller, those shrimp are out of this world! They do look like they have icing on them.

Last edited:

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
Thanks!

its 48 inches long, by 32 tall (i think) by 24 deep.

I'm 6'4" and I can barely reach the bottom front, much less the back. I've got a little clamp on a stick that I use to grab stuff in the back or bottom.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
LOL..I would be wet!:p

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
That is so cool!!!! :) :)

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Y'all are killing me here! I totally miss my salty tanks. I will have to live vicariously through yours I guess.
Water I have not seen your nano yet, it must be a fairly recent project? If you wouldnt mind doing a thread on that, I would love it!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: how beautiful!

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Looks great, I have a 135 gal . Let me see if I can find the pics.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Just took some new ones. I'm actually trying to sell it :(
Had enough of it, I've had it for 16 years but just started in the coral 2 - 3 years. I want to put a bird play ground there. :cool1:

DCP02636.jpg

DCP02639.jpg

drop

Nice tank Robin! Who is the oldest inhabitant in your tank; in terms of how long they've been there I mean ;) The 135g is of similar dimention to the standard 125g I am assuming? The 125g is actually my all time favorite standard tank. I love long tanks and plus it is short people friendly :) I hope to have one someday. For now I only have the space for my 55g.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Nice tank Robin! Who is the oldest inhabitant in your tank; in terms of how long they've been there I mean ;) .
Wow good question.....:rolleyes: There's always some coming and going . About 3 years ago I had a big wipeout, and lost most of the fish and rebuilt so they are not really that old. I had a bad ick problem, it was horrible.
Speaking of the size, I have to use a step ladder to get into mine, and it is the long size 6 ft, but it sets up high on the stand it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.