• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fish tank patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanMyM2

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Today I am cleaning my fish tanks.Taking some of my fish in the 30 Gal & putting them into a 55 seeing they are getting bigger finally,.Then its off to the 250 gal tank grrrr this one takes for ever to clean even tho it has more than enough filtration .The things we do to keep our pets happy & healthy lol.Anyone else have any fish ??? If so what kind what size tanks etc would love to hear ...

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
There are lots of people on the avenue who keep fish. Im not sure who all they are, but I know they are there :D . I used to keep fish. I cant right now but as soon as I can again I will. I used to keep all kinds. I had reefs, planted fw, cichlids etc. I did everything :D

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
I use to have a 55 gallon with Cichilds. Now I only have a 10 gallon that houses African Dwarf Frogs ~

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
I just have a baby tank. :) 5 gallon planted freshwater with a funny assortment of fish in it.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Wayne what type of fish are you moving into the 55 gal?

If I had a bigger house I would love to set up a tank or two.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have two 10 gallon tanks setup now.(Heated and filtered)One with a king betta named,"Julius" and another 10 gallon divided for my two female bettas....amelia and starry.When I got julius he was knocking on heavens door.I wasn't sure he'd make it.
I love bettas they are like wet dogs with so much personality.:)

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Wayne what type of fish are you moving into the 55 gal?

If I had a bigger house I would love to set up a tank or two.
Mr Wiggles a Black ghost knife 9" Moe & Larry 2 clown loaches 6" + & Jaggy a Jaguar Catfish who hasnt grown at all still about 6" but he's been w/ these guys from day 1 .I have 100's of pics of my other fish some are around 2 feet or more them are my big boys I have Bandit a Red Tail Cat & Paris a silver Aro then my 2 ft Fire eel named Big Boy lol & many more to list but them are my biggest ..Ah hell I'll list em if I can remeber lol 1 Jack D,3 Oscars,1 tire track eel,1 pictus cat,1 striped ralpheal,1 Mystus cat,1 Sun burst cat.1Gold severum,1Sinspillium,1Pumpkin seed,1 Clown Knife,1-18 " Pleco,4 differant types of Dragon fish (like eels) I for get there scientific name I think there's a few I may have missed .

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Oh you do have some biggens' there!

Are your Oscars people friendly??
Will they allow touching and such?

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Oh you do have some biggens' there!

Are your Oscars people friendly??
Will they allow touching and such?
Oscars Bandit the RTC & Paris the aro all let you touch & pat them & take food food from your hand

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I always though that was a neat thing about the Oscars that they had such BIG personalities.

Once I had a wonderful Skat that allowed me to do that, I miss him still till this day.

Allforbeaks

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anne
I have 3 tanks. 1 29gal with Goldfish, 1 55 gal with my Cyclid Rosie and 1 125 gal containing saltwater fish, a panther Grouper, a pinktail trigger and a toadfish. I have a few feather dusters in there as well. We had a bunch more fish in there but when we moved we lost a few :(

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I have one betta but I really want to get another one :)

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
I've just got a 10 gallon right now. It's got my betta, cherry shrimp and I just got some glowlight tetras for it yesterday. :)

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I have a 6,29 and 44 freshwater. And a 10 gallon halfmoon and 20 long saltwater. Just wish I had a place to put my empty 210 now:(

Last edited:

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I have a 6,10 and 44 freshwater. And a 10 gallon halfmoon and 20 long saltwater. Justwish I had a place to put my empty 210 now:(
You could give it to me, ill find room for it! :D Heck ill remove my bed and sleep on the floor! :cool1:

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
All this talk of fish and stuff where are the photos.. I had a 10 gal tank of jack dempsies. And they were very friendly and huge I only had two jasper and jake you could actually pet them... I have always wanted a salt water tank I love the bright colors of salt water fish..

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
You could give it to me, ill find room for it! :D Heck ill remove my bed and sleep on the floor! :cool1:
Haha I think I will wait until I get a spot to put it.

All this talk of fish and stuff where are the photos.. I had a 10 gal tank of jack dempsies. And they were very friendly and huge I only had two jasper and jake you could actually pet them... I have always wanted a salt water tank I love the bright colors of salt water fish..
Not the best pictures they are from my phone and things have changed a bit in the tanks as well but here are the saltwater ones.
GetAttachment1.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Ok you got it I will start a new thread w/ pics :)

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
Wow logan. Those look awesome.......... I sooo want seahorses..... anyone else have them??? Are they hard to keep?

Ok wayne. Looking forward to even more pictures

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Those are nice tanks!

Matt