• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures First time baking for the fids

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Any thoughts on chia seeds and flax meal? I would add that when making birdie bread. I need to get ready to crank up the bakery again for when I adopt. My lovebird played with the bread I made, but I was unsure if she ate it. I tried several recipes that all garnered the same pick at/play with response.
My lovebirds ate a little flax and chia before when I mixed it with their foods, but they weren't big fans either. I wound up mostly throwing it out while changing their food. Only one liked his flax and chia, but I think he may have been too weak at the time to crack open the bigger seeds. Now that he's better, he won't touch either.

I do not put egg shells in the birdie bread I make because the edges can be sharp and may cause harm. You can purchased sterilized, ground egg shells on Amazon. You can also sterilize and ground your egg shells at home if you don't mind doing this.
Ah, I didn't really think of that. I have a mortar and pestle at home, along with a few processors and blenders. I'll grind them up a little better for my next batch.