• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures First time baking for the fids

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
So far, it was a success! I forgot the oatmeal, but they went crazy for It! The eggshell made it a bit hard to cut, though. Oh well.
20180520_142906.jpg
20180520_143815.jpg 20180520_143211.jpg 20180520_143714.jpg 20180520_143921.jpg
I was super surprised Mims liked it. She's usually so shy around new foods.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks delicious! Mind sharing your recipe? I'm always cooking and baking for my spoiled turkey-bird!

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
I love cooking for my birds..........I don't think they are as crazy about it as I am.......they pick away all the "bread" and just pick out the seeds. But I feel like a "good" father and I like the smell, LOL.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
@Brittany0208 It was a real simple recipe. I didn't quite measure it out, but I mixed up 1/3rd of a banana and their regular seed mix, chopped almond, added a few bits of spray millet, about a teaspoon of chilli flakes, a whole egg with crushed shells, a teaspoon of peanut butter, and a quarter-ish cup of flour. I just kept mixing a little more until it looked like dough.

I believe it took ten minutes to cook. My oven was at 375, and I used parchment paper so I wouldn't have to spray.

Next time, we're adding oatmeal and berries. :p Maybe shredded carrots, if we have any.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Brittany0208 It was a real simple recipe. I didn't quite measure it out, but I mixed up 1/3rd of a banana and their regular seed mix, chopped almond, added a few bits of spray millet, about a teaspoon of chilli flakes, a whole egg with crushed shells, a teaspoon of peanut butter, and a quarter-ish cup of flour. I just kept mixing a little more until it looked like dough.

I believe it took ten minutes to cook. My oven was at 375, and I used parchment paper so I wouldn't have to spray.

Next time, we're adding oatmeal and berries. :p Maybe shredded carrots, if we have any.
That's awesome! I'll give it a try once I gather the ingredients!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Looks great! Your doggies are just too cute:rofl: My rabbits also get left over bird bread, they are crazy for it:D

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Wow Garet.......your own recipe, you are the "Avian Chef"! It looks really good and simple.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
MMM... have to try something like that...I have coconut flour...can add that too...Looks like a lace cookie!!!

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Garet Sounds like the dogs and birds need a big :burp1: after those yummys!!

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
I am so gonna try this although as Lewie is tiny i think my slug...i mean pug...no defo slug will also get some. IMG-20180520-WA0016.jpeg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I do not put egg shells in the birdie bread I make because the edges can be sharp and may cause harm. You can purchased sterilized, ground egg shells on Amazon. You can also sterilize and ground your egg shells at home if you don't mind doing this.

Aviana

Strolling the yard
Any thoughts on chia seeds and flax meal? I would add that when making birdie bread. I need to get ready to crank up the bakery again for when I adopt. My lovebird played with the bread I made, but I was unsure if she ate it. I tried several recipes that all garnered the same pick at/play with response.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
It looks like it was a hit! :D