• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I agree, I don't find it funny at all. :hug8:

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
Oh WOW i am soo sorry about that!

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Thank you, Merlie. Honestly, no. It wasn't funny. The only furniture in the room that she didn't disturb is the leather couches/armchair. She got at least one good bite out of every other piece. I can see the humor in it for anyone who isn't living it but I'm honestly worried about what my husband is going to say. He's really tolerant and patient with the fact that I have birds but he isn't bonded to them like I am and he's already been feeling the pinch in our bank account from taking on Savannah and Remington in the last few months. Laying out money to replace the curtains and rug and repair the wood damage is going to make him disgruntled at the very least. One of my nicknames for him is Scrooge McBill, which should tell you something. Anyways, I'll make sure she can't escape again (to the best of my ability anyways...I found a broken weld on one of the cage bars last night too, so she's evidently exploring other 'options' for getting out) and make the best of it.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree,this isnt the least bit funny. I am so sorry that she caused all this damage and a quick hug for your daughter,I cant say that I wouldnt cry at age 20 if my precious books had been chewed up.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Is your daughter feeling better today? I can't believe you found a broken weld...geeze...Is she in a birdroom where you can shut the door while you're gone?

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Yeah, my daughter got over it. 4 books and a pair of flip flops isn't enough for her to stay mad at Savannah, she loves her. No, I don't have a separate birdroom unfortunately. Wish I did. :)

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Darn - that would definitely make things easier! Though she probably could chew through a door.

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Sorry if I offended you at all. I do understand how serious of a situation it is!

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Don't worry, I wasn't offended by anything anyone said. I love Savannah and I have forgiven her just as I would my children, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be upset with one of my children if they did something similar. ;)

deee

Avenue Veteran
WOW! Years ago we had a U2. She chewed the whole woodworking around 2 windows and the door. Luckily it was painted not stainded, we had to redo it all and paint before we put the house up for sale. When she snuggled up and said I love u.. all was forgiven :) They are so luckily we love them. Im sorry this happened. But she loves u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.