• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First day the bowls were ALL clean!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakingcanopy

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Grapefruit ate all her fruits and veggies!! Which is like WOWZAH because she has been so finicky since I got her home. AND both birds ate all their mashie!

Such a good, rewarding day too see all my healthy foods gobbled up :D

How long did it take for your birds to start really eating healthy?

How did it feel to finally get them to eat well?

What's your healthy feeding schedule like and do you think it makes a difference in how much gets eaten?

I find if I feed fruits and veggies in the AM, mashie in the midafternoon, and then pellets at night that everything gets eaten except maybe a few last pellets. Anything extra I am planning on feeding like bountiful harvest or birdie bread goes in the mash. When I start trying to do sprouts I dunno why I'll feed those yet!

Have to make a fresh batch of mash tomorrow, I sure tossed enough out getting it eaten!!

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
In my house, if a bowl is clean, it's because the dog got to it:lol:

:rofl: :lol: That's funny! I feel the same way. Iggy won't clean his dish but he will eat some of it. Then again I may be serving him too much. I have no idea. I am still getting the hang of things haha Although, today Iggy ate a good portion of his veggies and fruit! :D

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Yea! I'm so glad your fids are good eaters! :D Emmett and Olivia are big mash lovers and moderate veggie lovers. I'll fine chop fresh veggies to add to their mash right before each serving for this reason. :p They never know they are there. I am going to start skewering and see if the presentation change intrigues them. They do like many fruits, so no problem there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.