• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

finding home for young Indian ringneck with PBFD

hannahlynn

Hit the Road
Real Name
Hannah Hamel
Hi I’m looking for anyone in San Diego CA that is interested in adopting my sweet adorable baby Indian Ringneck named Cami. He has a contagious disease called PBFD. I’m devastated that this has happened to my sweet baby! I’m not sure on the gender of Cami but I have do have a dna test ready to be sent in. Cami is very sweet, he enjoys head scratches and loves to be held. I’m just starting to introduce him to fruits and veggies. I’m weaning him right now onto pellets, and every other day I give him seed. He is around 10 weeks old. I have babies currently in an aviary outside so I cannot keep him, otherwise I would. I’m looking for someone who has experience with PBFD, and or has birds that have or had the disease. Please let me know as soon as possible if you can adopt this adorable baby! I am heartbroken, thank you Hannah.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Have you had your other birds tested? Where did this baby come from and how do you know he has it? The recommended course for diagnosing pbfd is to test again 90 days after the initial positive to see if it is a persistent infection.

Circovirus (pbfd) is extremely hardy in the environment and is very easy to spread to other birds. I would be extremely cautious in rehoming this bird and asking someone else to take on the responsibility for this disease.

Rdunney

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rebecca
Hi I’m looking for anyone in San Diego CA that is interested in adopting my sweet adorable baby Indian Ringneck named Cami. He has a contagious disease called PBFD. I’m devastated that this has happened to my sweet baby! I’m not sure on the gender of Cami but I have do have a dna test ready to be sent in. Cami is very sweet, he enjoys head scratches and loves to be held. I’m just starting to introduce him to fruits and veggies. I’m weaning him right now onto pellets, and every other day I give him seed. He is around 10 weeks old. I have babies currently in an aviary outside so I cannot keep him, otherwise I would. I’m looking for someone who has experience with PBFD, and or has birds that have or had the disease. Please let me know as soon as possible if you can adopt this adorable baby! I am heartbroken, thank you Hannah.
It’s been two years now so I’m sure you found a new home but I have a IRN with PBFD and am looking for a friend for him.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It’s been two years now so I’m sure you found a new home but I have a IRN with PBFD and am looking for a friend for him.
Unfortunately this member only made that one post and hasn’t visited here since half way through 2019 so I’m not too confident you’ll get a reply.