• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

finches cohabitation(?)

marti54

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
mar
Hii I have 3 female zebra finches and 1 male, this summer I separated them bc the females were fighting but in winter I don't have the time to maintain two cages so I bought a much bigger one hoping to put them together again, even though I don't know if it will change something. Do you think maybe it's better if I buy another male?

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
Having a much bigger cage should help, but might not fix it. Can you please clarify why you would get another male? It is very important with zebra finches to always have an even number, as they will pair up regardless of gender. Finchinfo.com has really great info about housing finches that I agree with,

marti54

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
mar
Having a much bigger cage should help, but might not fix it. Can you please clarify why you would get another male? It is very important with zebra finches to always have an even number, as they will pair up regardless of gender. Finchinfo.com has really great info about housing finches that I agree with,
I didn't know they pair up regardless of gender that is why I thought of buying another so thank you so much for the info ^^