• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Finally, some of the Pinksters

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
He doesn't look heavy but when he jumps on you, which he loves to do, he lands like a little brick. LOL.
I know that feeling! Milton jumps on you then walks right up to you face and says, "HELLO"...just in case you didn't feel him jump on you...;)
Nor have a weighed him-
"Weigh Day" is a BIG challenge here. The tiels don't care...if they're in the mood to interact with people. If not, they hop off the scale and give you "THE LOOK". Titan always had the "YOU DON'T THINK I'M GOING ON THAT" attitude towards the scale. With Milton, you have to be quick, because he'll hop off the scale and run back to his room...muttering all the way.
Buddy, our newest addition, doesn't mind the scale at all. He'd sit on it all day, if you'd let him...

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Thank you. I think she is just going to be a tiny girl. She literally eats anything and everything I give her. Loves all veggies. I wish Layla was as good at trying new things as Jazzi is. Lol. Layla is better. She’s eating well and playing more finally not holding her foot up or limping. She still has days that she will pluck pin feathers and seems bothered by them but overall she is much much better. She has one more week of anti inflammatory and anti fungal meds and then I’m choosing to give her a break for a bit so she can relax and get used to life with Jazzi without the stress of vet appointments and me medicating her. I can tell she trusts me less and is stressed because of all of it so we both need a bit of a break.
Glad to hear Layla is doing better. Illness is so stressful. The meds could be a cause of picking too, so see how she does after you stop them for a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers for both of you!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I was just estimating how tall Elvis is standing upright. I've never actually measured him. I don't think that would go over well. LOL. Nor have a weighed him- I know it's terrible. At his vet check, the vet decided not to weigh him either. He had his beak trimmed and polished- the vet thought perhaps for the first time ever, and his nails done, and Elvis wanted no part of perching on the scale. So the vet decided it wasn't worth stressing him out. He said he looked good. So we left it at that. Perhaps I'll try to coax Elvis on the gram scale tonight. I'm sure that will go over well........... Elvis feels "solid" for lack of a better description. He doesn't look heavy but when he jumps on you, which he loves to do, he lands like a little brick. LOL.
OMG! When they jump on you, regardless of how small they are, they do land like bricks! It's totally amazing! It's like they have the force of God behind them or something! LOL!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG! They're so adorable. :heart: And -- pink!!! Who wouldn't love them? I'll babysit for you anytime!
My two males are total terrors...I'll put them in a box and send them to you for a while!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I know that feeling! Milton jumps on you then walks right up to you face and says, "HELLO"...just in case you didn't feel him jump on you...;)

"Weigh Day" is a BIG challenge here. The tiels don't care...if they're in the mood to interact with people. If not, they hop off the scale and give you "THE LOOK". Titan always had the "YOU DON'T THINK I'M GOING ON THAT" attitude towards the scale. With Milton, you have to be quick, because he'll hop off the scale and run back to his room...muttering all the way.
Buddy, our newest addition, doesn't mind the scale at all. He'd sit on it all day, if you'd let him...
I don't have too much of a problem getting birds on the scale at my house...there are some that I'm not willing to handle though like Bobo the BFA...nope, not doing it! Or Smokey the CAG...that's Jon's bird. I can get him on a stick or hold him in a room he's not used to but in his domain, I like my hand and fingers too much to offer them to him! LOL!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
OMG! When they jump on you, regardless of how small they are, they do land like bricks! It's totally amazing! It's like they have the force of God behind them or something! LOL!
I know, right? LOL. I guess I was just used to my little Sunny who was small and dainty. Elvis on the other hand- not small or dainty. LOL.

Domothebudgie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Gonzo landed on my head the other day and i swear he almost gave me a concussion . And I haven’t weighed him since he was at the vets six months ago... I wonder how Much he weighs now, since he was only a year and already at 500 grams!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Gonzo landed on my head the other day and i swear he almost gave me a concussion . And I haven’t weighed him since he was at the vets six months ago... I wonder how Much he weighs now, since he was only a year and already at 500 grams!
I have a few birds who deliberately fly into the back of my head when they're mad at me! Talk about being hit with something heavy!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Lurch used to PLOP on me any time I tried to walk out of the room. It was usually a solid hit and he weighed 250 to 260. Dobby weighed 275 after being here a while and happily eating anything we offer or he can steal. He loves sister and same thing she tries to leave the room and THUMP she has a passenger. She also reports he usually lands like a brick too. Dobby is a expert flyer but it seems when his beloved tries to escape a heavy statement must be made. He's so funny riding on her shoulder and trying to look at everything going on and make sure daddy doesn't interfere. :roflmao: