• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Finally, some of the Pinksters

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Kishka, Fozzwald, and the ever sweeter Addison the pink peanut! The boys took to the new toy immediately but as soon as I got the camera out, they became photo hogs!:) Can't ever get anyone in the middle of play with anything...sigh...

IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0863.JPG IMG_0870.JPG

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Cuties! :heart: And who is the BFA spy on top of the cage? :laugh:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Cuties! :heart: And who is the BFA spy on top of the cage? :laugh:
That would be Iris trying to get in on the action or maybe to head butt me...it's hard to tell!:) I added some pics of the Amazons in the Amazon forum. I should have gotten some of Abigail but she wasn't doing anything exciting...maybe tonight!:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Love the pinksters! I wonder how Elvis would do with a Galah........?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Love the pinksters! I wonder how Elvis would do with a Galah........?
Hard to tell...Reggie D2 is fascinated with them but also finds them to be pests!:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hard to tell...Reggie D2 is fascinated with them but also finds them to be pests!:)
Thanks. At the sitter's Elvis ignored the other birds but they were Umbrellas and conures. So, a pretty big size difference from him. I don't know how he'd do with a bird closer to his own size. And to think I said not long ago that I would never have a cockatoo. LOL

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Hey @sunnysmom ...you've seen Milton...how does he compare size-wise to Elvis?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Thanks. At the sitter's Elvis ignored the other birds but they were Umbrellas and conures. So, a pretty big size difference from him. I don't know how he'd do with a bird closer to his own size. And to think I said not long ago that I would never have a cockatoo. LOL
I said that about Amazons and I'm owned by six of them now! LOL! That seems to be the magic number as I also have six 'toos and now six greys...YIKES!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I would think that Milton is probably a bit bigger than Elvis unless Milton is small for an Umbie. Do you know his weight? My Galahs are all about 320 grams to about 360 grams or there abouts, depending on gender.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
@jmfleish was your little girl galah small at around 6 months? Jazzi is a tiny 247gm. Eats like a pig but has stayed that weight since I got her. Layla is back up to 310gm since losing a ton with her illness.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Such cuties.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milton seems quite a bit bigger than Elvis. How tall would you say Milton is? Elvis is probably about a foot and his body is pretty slender.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I would think that Milton is probably a bit bigger than Elvis unless Milton is small for an Umbie. Do you know his weight? My Galahs are all about 320 grams to about 360 grams or there abouts, depending on gender.
Milton is small for a male Umbie...he goes around 455 to 450g...depending on what time we weigh him...before or after dinner. ;)
Milton seems quite a bit bigger than Elvis. How tall would you say Milton is? Elvis is probably about a foot and his body is pretty slender.
I've never been able to get a good height reading on Milty...rulers and tape measures look too much like "toys" to him. ;) Maybe we'll try him again today and see what happens.
Galahs always look so nice and slender to me, whenever I see pics of them...they always look so graceful flying. U2s, on the other hand, have the stocky look, and look "powerful" when flying.
It's the same way to me with "long-tailed" birds (such as IRNs) as opposed to blunter shaped tailed birds (such as 'zons) Long tailed birds look graceful...almost elegant in flight. Short tailed birds...it's all about strength and power...IMO.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
@jmfleish was your little girl galah small at around 6 months? Jazzi is a tiny 247gm. Eats like a pig but has stayed that weight since I got her. Layla is back up to 310gm since losing a ton with her illness.
I don't really remember her ever being anything a whole lot less than she is now which is about 320 grams. I know I brought her home really early, like 15 or 16 weeks, but her breeder was sure she was ready to go and she was! We never had any problems with her reverting and she ate great but it took a while to convince her to eat more than pellets or take stuff out of our hands. Anything foreign was not considered food for a while, but she got over that and now at least tries everything given to her and will take food from you, although she prefers that you hold it for her while she nibbles on it!:)

Some birds are just smaller, just like people. I wouldn't worry too much unless she starts losing weight. How is Layla doing? Any progress there?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Milton is small for a male Umbie...he goes around 455 to 450g...depending on what time we weigh him...before or after dinner. ;)

I've never been able to get a good height reading on Milty...rulers and tape measures look too much like "toys" to him. ;) Maybe we'll try him again today and see what happens.
Galahs always look so nice and slender to me, whenever I see pics of them...they always look so graceful flying. U2s, on the other hand, have the stocky look, and look "powerful" when flying.
It's the same way to me with "long-tailed" birds (such as IRNs) as opposed to blunter shaped tailed birds (such as 'zons) Long tailed birds look graceful...almost elegant in flight. Short tailed birds...it's all about strength and power...IMO.
Wow, that is small for a U2, but still considerably bigger than a Galah. My Reggie D2 weighs in at about 400 grams and he doesn't seem a whole lot bigger than any of the Galahs. Of course he is now without feather for the most part, so maybe he looks smaller than he is! LOL!

I think my Pinksters look kind of pudgy but I know it's all the feathers on them. They are incredible fliers though. I think out of all the 'toos, they have the biggest wing size compared to their body size.

When you say height, are you talking literally height or are you talking length from head to tail? I've never tried to measure anyone either way. I suspect that most of mine would either freak out from the sight of a measuring tape or ruler or think it was a toy!:)

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you. I think she is just going to be a tiny girl. She literally eats anything and everything I give her. Loves all veggies. I wish Layla was as good at trying new things as Jazzi is. Lol. Layla is better. She’s eating well and playing more finally not holding her foot up or limping. She still has days that she will pluck pin feathers and seems bothered by them but overall she is much much better. She has one more week of anti inflammatory and anti fungal meds and then I’m choosing to give her a break for a bit so she can relax and get used to life with Jazzi without the stress of vet appointments and me medicating her. I can tell she trusts me less and is stressed because of all of it so we both need a bit of a break.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Wow, that is small for a U2, but still considerably bigger than a Galah.
Milty is a small U2. He's all muscle, and our AV says he looks fine, albeit small for his species. I've even wondered if he could be some unusual hybrid...U2/something else.

I don't quite know what @sunnysmom was going for about how tall Milty was. Like I said before we've tried to see how long he is from the top of his head to his tail, but have been thwarted by Milty thinking the measuring device was a toy!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milty is a small U2. He's all muscle, and our AV says he looks fine, albeit small for his species. I've even wondered if he could be some unusual hybrid...U2/something else.

I don't quite know what @sunnysmom was going for about how tall Milty was. Like I said before we've tried to see how long he is from the top of his head to his tail, but have been thwarted by Milty thinking the measuring device was a toy!
I was just estimating how tall Elvis is standing upright. I've never actually measured him. I don't think that would go over well. LOL. Nor have a weighed him- I know it's terrible. At his vet check, the vet decided not to weigh him either. He had his beak trimmed and polished- the vet thought perhaps for the first time ever, and his nails done, and Elvis wanted no part of perching on the scale. So the vet decided it wasn't worth stressing him out. He said he looked good. So we left it at that. Perhaps I'll try to coax Elvis on the gram scale tonight. I'm sure that will go over well........... Elvis feels "solid" for lack of a better description. He doesn't look heavy but when he jumps on you, which he loves to do, he lands like a little brick. LOL.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
OMG! They're so adorable. :heart: And -- pink!!! Who wouldn't love them? I'll babysit for you anytime!