• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finally happened - Bitten bad

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
What part of SC are you in? I've done a lot of work over the years in the paper mills in Georgetown, Eastover and Catawba.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
What part of SC are you in? I've done a lot of work over the years in the paper mills in Georgetown, Eastover and Catawba.
I'm just 45 minutes north of Georgetown. I know those paper mills well... or at least the stink they produce. On a good breezy day you can smell it here in Murrells Inlet. Sniiiiiifffff.... ah... Georgetown!!!! I used to work for the oral surgeons here and we had a satellite office down there. It's still a small industrial town with quaint old homes. They shut down the steel mill years ago but I think they re-opened it a couple of years ago.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I do believe you and @JLcribber are neck in neck top contenders for the worst bites.

Maybe tied for second place, but look at @Danita 's bite where the blue and gold darn near took her thumb off.

My worst experience on a horse was when I was trying to school a young mare. She was bad about going over backwards and had to be cured or she was worthless. I took her up a steep hill and thought she would't go over backwards. Well she did. She went over straight backwards and I was able to get my foot out of a stirrup and away from her or I would have had a saddle horn through the chest. She went to the great farm in the sky - I just couldn't justify selling that horse and getting someone killed.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ouch. That's a bad bite. In a weird way, it's almost a relief to get the first bite over with. But that's a pretty bad one. I hope it heals quickly. I have a small scar from my first bad Elvis bite (And luckily so far only bad bite but I've probably just jinxed myself.)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Maybe tied for second place, but look at @Danita 's bite where the blue and gold darn near took her thumb off.

My worst experience on a horse was when I was trying to school a young mare. She was bad about going over backwards and had to be cured or she was worthless. I took her up a steep hill and thought she would't go over backwards. Well she did. She went over straight backwards and I was able to get my foot out of a stirrup and away from her or I would have had a saddle horn through the chest. She went to the great farm in the sky - I just couldn't justify selling that horse and getting someone killed.
Do you have a link for that bite? I'm almost afraid to look! :eek:

You were fortunate to get off that horse before she went over and even luckier you got your foot out of the stirrup and didn't get dragged. Horses can be so dangerous but my gosh they are such beautiful animals. Sad you had to send her to the great farm. Sometimes it's the responsible thing to do even though we may not like to have to do it.

One of my favorites... the Friesian. The mare I had in Spain was 3/4 Arab...1/4 Spanish. She was a dapple grey. I'll have to hunt up a photo and take a picture of it.

A superb Friesian... the beauty!!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Mockinbirdiva I looked for it, but I can't remember the name of the thread. Anyway the picture of Danita's wound is on the firs two or three pages. HELP @JLcribber !!

I have always had Quarter Horses and did western stuff like barrel race and rope, and match race except when I was in high school I worked for a trainer for my boarding fees schooling jumpers. And assisted a man who was a super trainer of any darned animal, but was mainly a Dressage Trainer. I sat on the horses back while he schooled from the ground LOL.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
@Mockinbirdiva I looked for it, but I can't remember the name of the thread. Anyway the picture of Danita's wound is on the firs two or three pages. HELP @JLcribber !!

I have always had Quarter Horses and did western stuff like barrel race and rope, and match race except when I was in high school I worked for a trainer for my boarding fees schooling jumpers. And assisted a man who was a super trainer of any darned animal, but was mainly a Dressage Trainer. I sat on the horses back while he schooled from the ground LOL.
Oh yeah, that is a big one!!
I am currently sporting a large M2 bite on my leg. Didn't even notice it, thought it was a bug bite. Nope, a big gouge :lol: I am bit so much, I forget now it happened. Pink Floyd got me right through my jeans!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Danita - What's the link to that thread?

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's amazing!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Bites all hurt but a bite on ones lips is a real ouchie!
Astro bit me on the nostril three weeks ago... that really smarted!!!!! The nose is pretty sensitive too! No more nose kisses from you young lady! First year she's had her panties in a knot since she hatched here in 2008.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh yeah, that is a big one!!
I am currently sporting a large M2 bite on my leg. Didn't even notice it, thought it was a bug bite. Nope, a big gouge :lol: I am bit so much, I forget now it happened. Pink Floyd got me right through my jeans!
WAHT?!!! How could you not notice an M2 bite! That's a big white bug!! ( named Pink Floyd)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Page 1.... A couple posts down. Good thing the photo is grainy... I might have tossed my cookies...

Quarter horses are the best in barrel racing and rope. Stocky build and speed.. great horses. We didn't have any of those horses when I lived in Spain. Spanish horses - the Andalusian is a very highly prized horse AKA the "war" horse. Some can fetch 6 million!!! Interesting history on this breed. They are... poetry in motion..

I once sat on a small horse for a trainer when she didn't quite work out for the rodeo as a bronc. That one tossed me too and I landed arms and legs up square on my booty.. that hurt!