• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Finally found something my conure likes, but I need help finding toys similar to it

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
IMG_20190910_132616998.jpg

Kiki loves corn stalks!!!! I only have so many available and can't just go out and buy any. She's been flying from piece to piece and shredding the stalks and leaves.

I only have so much and won't be getting more until next September. :arghh::arghh: Live bamboo is already on my shopping list, but does anyone know of any soft stalk/leaf toys?? She doesn't play with paper, not even paper rope. I'm crazy enough to try growing corn in my room over the winter if I can't find any.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Have you tried yucca? All my birds go crazy for it.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I second yucca. I personally buy the toys, not the actual plant. I buy 3 different types all from Wesco since everybody has a favorite. All of my birds have loved yucca as well :)

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I second yucca. I personally buy the toys, not the actual plant. I buy 3 different types all from Wesco since everybody has a favorite. All of my birds have loved yucca as well :)
I'll keep an eye out for yucca toys at the pet store. I checked Amazon, and there's really not a lot of yucca products in Canada.

I just buy the yucca "chips at my bird store. look like this Amazon.com : Bird Kabob Yucca Parrot Chips : Pet Chew Toys : Pet Supplies

Bird places sells large one too and my suns love those ones more. my lovebird likes the little ones.
Thanks. :) That's one of the ones I was looking at on the Canadian website.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So odd thought, but what about celery?

Or another plant that will also have a stalk like that... Wheat, sunflowers, rye, millet?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
So odd thought, but what about celery?

Or another plant that will also have a stalk like that... Wheat, sunflowers, rye, millet?
Hmmmm, I haven't even though of celery... It might work... Not sure if my mom would approve of a vegetable garden in my room, but what she doesn't know can't hurt her.

;) Could also provide my cresties with a bit of enrichment during their handling time!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
@Mizzely :eek: You gave me the best idea, tho!!! My aunt wants us to clean out the garden for the fall and we were gonna chuck out this huge lemon thyme because no one liked it. Said plant is now sitting in a pot in my room. :) We grow our stuff all naturally, hopefully the birds will enjoy it!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]