• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

few suggestions to help others

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolyn17603

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
carolyn
1. Maybe a forum where items can be traded
2.People that are in a rough situations people can donate to.
3. People can give away items they no longer want or need?

just some ideas

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
There is a sub-forum under The Marketplace forum called Flea Market for selling used items or giving away items ... so I would think if someone wants to trade something too they would post it there within that forum. There have been members on here who will privately send another member like items that are bird related to help them out.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I was going to mention the flea market section as well! Then the people having hard times thing, there are many people who give a lot to members in need on the forum. There just usually isn't huge coverage on it because they don't always want to be "outed" (I think that's the word I want to use, I feel like there is a better one...maybe embarrassed?) about their situation. There are many wonderful people on this forum tho and I don't know how I'd feel about a whole forum about it just because I feel like its often better done privately, I love reading the stories but I know how some people would feel about it.

carolyn17603

Real Name
carolyn
yes i found the flea market after I posted this. I think its great and would be great for people falling on hard times or just like the bad storms we had on the east coast im sure alot of people could of used help if they had access to the internet. Cause things are still rough even now that they have their power back on. But for instance their money may need to go to other things just to survive or not had any money at all to feed their birds. Situations like that or just your finiacial hardships people could help others by donating food and such. I think i will put another suggestion in to maybe add states or areas because of times like that maybe they had no where to take there birds and someone close by could have taken them in and fostered them until things on the east coast got better such as their house got fixed or their heat and electric got turned back on. You guys get what im saying right?

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

carolyn17603

Real Name
carolyn
its nice when people can help others out in time of need and I cant believe people can be so ignorant to scam people when it comes down to something as simple as pets. Its horrible. But it happens everywhere. I know when I was looking for a my 1st bird I got (which turned out to be my senegal I have now) I went on craigslist and was looking for a bird who could talk so we could enjoy it talking so I posted an ad stating I was looking for a talking bird with a small rehoming fee. Well of course you get the scammer emails. I get a email from a guy saying he has a baby parrot he will sell me for like 2 or 300 but I got to send him the money and he will put the bird on the plane for me yeah right. I emailed him back and said im not an idiot and your not scamming me. So I did my own search since i was getting no replys and found the sengal an hr away from me who talked but cant be handled which was ok and she only wanted $45. She also had another one that you could hold but didnt talk for $45 but me and my niece decided we really wanted the one that talked so we got taz for $45. We posted pictures of him on fb and the story and my friend said does she have anymore I said yeah one more so she drove and got the other senegal that you could hold but didnt talk for her kids for xmas last year. Well turns out her kids were allergic so she kept trying and trying to rehome her (betty) Finally in april I said do you still have her? She said yeah $30 and you can have her So now I have her to but found out shes not a senegal like the lady said she is a brown headed parrot. But We love them

Status
Not open for further replies.