• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fergus finally steps up with BOTH feet!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
So proud of little Fergus, he finally stepped on my finger with BOTH FEET with the millet treat bribe when he saw Fiona hogging all the treats! She has been stepping up since New Year's Eve! She now steps up without hesitation to get that millet. I can put her within about 4 inches of my face and talk sweet talk to her. Fergus is getting there, when he used to step on my finger with the one foot, after he finished the treat, he'd hike that same foot up underneath his feathers, and I'd say - Awwww, poor Ferg bwoke his foot on Mommy's finger... LOL! He's a trip.

Stevetomobs

Strolling the yard
Awww, sounds like an amazing hurdle has been jumped!

Sounds similar to what’s going on with Sherbert and R.R. Sherbert will willingly get on my hand and the perch but R.R is having a little trouble, he’ get on the perch but immediately tries to jump off, and will barely go near my hand.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats! :marlenesmile:
This is what happens when you have patience and let them decide the time for building trust. (and millet, LOL)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
This is what happens when you have patience and let them decide the time for building trust. (and millet, LOL)

@Eloy LOL... love that ending - AND millet! So true!
@Stevetomobs I sure feel like it's a hurdle! 7 months, and he's finally trusting enough for BOTH feet!