• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

female eclectus?

pelican301

Moving in
Real Name
lewis
I have been doing so so so much research on so many different types of parrots to find the one that is best for me. I've finally narrowed down the list and MALE Eclectus are on my list. I havent thought much about getting a female until I went to a bird store and really connected with this very sweet female Eclectus. female Eclectus' have such bad reputations so I don't know if she's going to be a good match for me? Are female Eclectus' really as bad as they say? is there any way to control/prevent hormonal behavior issues? Is it likely that she will lay "unprovoked" eggs? all you female Eclectus owners out there... actually any Eclectus owner male and female tell me what it's like to have one of these birds as your feathered companion :)

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
From personal experience, male ekkies are much more docile and friendly. Sergei is the most gentle birdie I've ever met, while Lucy is the complete opposite! She has an awesome extensive vocabulary and sings songs beautifully, but that red head temper is no joke!

Les charlson

Walking the driveway
Mine is female so I can't compare with a male. I don't find her aggressive at all. She eats well. Wants attention and just like any bird will let your know she isn't interested by gently grabbing my finger in her beak and moving my hand away. I can treat her the same as my other parrots when she is hormonal. Just don't touch her back. :)

Gypsyqueen

Moving in
Real Name
Cookie
I have a male and female, they are both great, she can be a typical female but over all she is great. Both are every loving and want attention. When I walk in the door Bella wants to sit on my shoulder and Elvis wants my hand. You can’t go wrong with these guys