• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female Double Yellow Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite v1

Moving in
Real Name
Dustin
Hello All,

I just joined this site in an effort to help my girlfriend put her little birdy friend up for adoption. Information about the bird. I can have my girlfriend answer any further questions, this is my limited knowledge of Abby.

Her name is Abby, she is 18 or close to it.
Has a very large vocabulary
Imitates and mimics several different animals/people
Loves to sing
Loves to sit on your shoulder, and will sit there all day if you let her
Is trained to use the bathroom only on her cage, will not use any other part of the house

Here is the poster we have set out in various pet stores across town. We are located in San Antonio

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Welcome and I hope Abby finds a forever home with someone here or finds a soft landing spot where she'll be loved. Without meaning to be rude, could you tell us why Abby is being rehomed?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
You might want to mention where you are located!:)

Elite v1

Moving in
Real Name
Dustin
Welcome and I hope Abby finds a forever home with someone here or finds a soft landing spot where she'll be loved. Without meaning to be rude, could you tell us why Abby is being rehomed?
She just doesn't feel like she's getting the attention she deserves and is just feeling like it's time for her to move on and bring joy to someone else.

We are located in San Antonio, Texas

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Abby looks a lot like my Abi who came from you Chandra!:)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Are you sure she's a Double Yellow Head? Doesn't look like it to me.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Looks like a Panama or yellow crown to me, but the beak makes me lean towards Panama.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Looks like a Panama or yellow crown to me, but the beak makes me lean towards Panama.
Yes, she looks so much like my Abi-Wabby who I think is a Yellow Crown. We've had the debate over her but here's a picture just in case! LOL! Excuse the poop!;)

IMG_0444.JPG

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Yes, she looks so much like my Abi-Wabby who I think is a Yellow Crown. We've had the debate over her but here's a picture just in case! LOL! Excuse the poop!;)

View attachment 255175

In my experience, YCAs tend to have a circular patch of yellow. I'd guess Panama for her. What's her weight? Some think Panamas only have horn beaks, but that's not the case. There is variation. Some of the late Jim Murphy's Panamas had beaks just like hers. Who knows?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

In my experience, YCAs tend to have a circular patch of yellow. I'd guess Panama for her. What's her weight? Some think Panamas only have horn beaks, but that's not the case. There is variation. Some of the late Jim Murphy's Panamas had beaks just like hers. Who knows?
She's a big girl! Sweet as can be though! She weighs in at about 500 grams these days. I'm looking at the picture of her and the Abby up for adoption in this thread and I'm almost wondering if the Abby in this thread is a Yellow Shouldered but she has the dark areas on her beak...no yellow shoulders either I guess! So hard to decipher these guys!

Last edited:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She's a big girl! Sweet as can be though! She weighs in at about 500 grams these days. I'm looking at the picture of her and the Abby up for adoption in this thread and I'm almost wondering if the Abby in this thread is a Yellow Shouldered but she has the dark areas on her beak...no yellow shoulders either I guess! So hard to decipher these guys!

It can be! Especially Panamas.

Elite v1

Moving in
Real Name
Dustin
We may have overstated the asking price originally. We are reducing the price to $700 in an effort to rehome her more quickly and find a better home without charging a fortune.

Can a moderator change my original post to include the updated asking price?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The price is in the image, which I can't modify.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Awww! She should find a home quickly at this price I would think! I hope she finds a good home. Someone on here in the Texas area looking for a wonderful Amazon?:)

Elite v1

Moving in
Real Name
Dustin
Abby still needs a home, unable to edit my original post to put a new picture up, but price has been lowered to $700 after doing research about rehoming fees and value of Abby.

PM me for new contact info as well.

I have been trying to handle her to get her used to being around men again, she has been solely with my girlfriend for years. I can get her to talk to me, and sit on my shoulder, and let me pick her up and feed her by hand.

So anyone who feels the bird will only go to one person, I am trying to make sure that does not happen, she is very comfortable being around me now.

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
She sounds like a dream. I'm so sorry that you are rehoming her. If I lived closer and were finished with grad school, I would sweep her up in a heart beat.

Elite v1

Moving in
Real Name
Dustin
Ode.to.parrots, I cant private message you, but if you message me your location, we could possibly work something out?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I hope you guys can work it out! I have a Yellow Crown female, Abigail and she's amazing! You can always ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.