• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female Canary stopped chirping/being energetic

Adam21

Strolling the yard
In the past week, my female(mother) canary has stopped chirping and isn't energetic like she usually is. Normally she would be playing all over the cage and chirping(cute sounds). Most recently she would be trying to sing a little bit and would be frustrated since it didn't work out too well. Now she's totally quiet, I can't get her to chirp at all. What could be wrong?

She seems to be drinking more water than usual too.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Is there an avian vet nearby, if so, you might want to give them a call. Birds hide illnesses very well

Adam21

Strolling the yard
Is there an avian vet nearby, if so, you might want to give them a call. Birds hide illnesses very well
I've never been to one, but there are many local ones. Will do that tomorrow afternoon, hopefully this is normal behavior or she is a bit sad for now? She is not at the bottom of the cage and is eating normally. For the most part looks normal but isn't making many noises and is drinking more water than usual.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Still call, see if they can see her today

Adam21

Strolling the yard
Still call, see if they can see her today
She's chirping again, her health looks good. I think she might be a little depressed and going to try getting a flight cage by this christmas at most. All the birds seem to want a bigger cage to fly around in. Want to get something like this setup:

Adam21

Strolling the yard
She's energetic like crazy again for awhile now, love seeing her that way. I wonder if it has anything to do with the shorter days now in the winter. She is getting lots more sleep.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
S
She's energetic like crazy again for awhile now, love seeing her that way. I wonder if it has anything to do with the shorter days now in the winter. She is getting lots more sleep.
So happy to hear that!