• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female Budgie, yellow. VA BEACH

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Hello all! I worked at a pet store local here for a year and a half.. almost two. During that time more towards the end of my time there, we received a sweet female budgie back from the young 14 year old I had originally sold her to as a baby. The family claimed this sweet little thing was laying eggs and has become mean as a snake.

Bringing her out of the box I didnt doubt it as she screamed and bit angrily (that's expected from her situation).
That same night I put her in the cage with some other budgies per my managers request and walked by to see her curiously peering at me. I walked over and she started budgie singing and kissing at my finger through the plastic of the vision cage. I took her out and carried her around with me for the rest of the night. A shoulder bird, a face gentle preener and a silent talker she was! And still is.

She reminded me dearly of my recently departed Noodle the female budgie who I got from the same situation at the same store. My budgie passed away after surgery for a prolapse of her cloaca from laying eggs. I could NOT leave her there to fall in to the hungry hands of another young child. Such a pretty, bright yellow parakeet would surely get scooped quickly. I ran frantically around to convince any regular customer I knew who would be a good home to take her to no avail.

As a last resort, that night I convinced my friend who I dont believe has the best bird husbandry but would at least take her and listen to my advice and buy whatever I pointed out for her to take her home. I knew in the back of my mind he would eventually give her to me but wanted him to give her a chance. He likes her but is too busy and is too enthralled by bigger birds such as Moustache Parakeets (that I keep convincing him not to get... due to lack of time) to want to keep her.

She is now at my home. Shes still sweet. Shes talks quietly and loves to mimic phone rings. She has a very unique and beautiful chirp. Shes unsure of how to react to my oh so charming and overbearing Male budgies who eagerly sing in her directions. She has no aggression towards them though.

Minds her own business on the play stands I have for my BC Conure, Tiel, and Amazon.

She flies well considering being clipped for most of her life. Shes about no more than a year old based off what I remember when I sold her as a baby.

So far no eggs but I try to discourage it. Like most budgies, does not want to be pet but will rub her face all over your face and fingers. Steps up nicely but on her terms and will do angry budgie chirp if you force it but wont bite. She chirps her lovely chirp when she wants out and I'd recommend being careful about toys. I've removed two shes been doing courting actions with to hopefully remove another thing that can encourage egg laying. After losing my Noodle to this I dont mess with the chances.

Screams once then does a circle or two around the room and likes to land on your finger.

ABSOLUTELY LOVES SHOWERING WITH YOU!!! she will do it every single day! And bathe in her water bowl too.

No rush to rehome and if nobody is interested I'll happily keep her. I just want to find her a home with someone that wants a tame, sweet budgie. Only rehoming through this forum for safety of the bird... I like knowing I can for sure stay in contact here. Will come with all toys, perches and cage. No food as I have other budgies to feed but eats Volksman parakeet and munches on Roudybush pellets.

Shes truly a unique and quirky individual. I would not be surprised if she is a talker if you encourage it more. She loves being talked to.

Feel free to ask questions about her. Will post pics later.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you can find a wonderful home for her. Why don't you want to keep her?

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Not that I don't want to. I have 8 other birds and am adding an English Budgie baby to my family come September. Just wanted to get her out of the bad situation but I wouldn't protest if she ended up having to stay here :). I'd probably put her in with the other budgies eventually, though.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
She sounds lovely! I hope you can find her a soft place to land!