• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female budgie - One half of cere is light blue, one half is brown, dark yellow beak (Photo included)

miba55

Strolling the yard
Hi,

I have a female budgie named Daisy. She is around 1.5 years old.

Two weeks ago, her cere was completely brown, as expected from a female budgie. But for two weeks, the left side of her cere has been gradually turning into light blue, and now the left side is completely blue, whitish and the right side is completely brown.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned? She is showing no signs of fatigue. She is active, chirping, singing, flying around the house. She is eating and drinking normally. Her poop is fine. Her breathing is fine.

The photo is a little blurry because I zoomed in but the left side is completely light blue, whitish.

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-07 at 15.22.18.jpeg

Last edited:

miba55

Strolling the yard
It just means she's coming out of breeding condition :) females ceres are pale blue and white when not in breeding condition.
That's great! I'm relieved. Thank you, lyx.

Also, while at it, could you guys please take a look at her beak and tell me if you think it's discolored? She has a dark yellow beak and the upper part of it (right under the cere) is kind of dark. But it's been that way as long as I can remember. Is that normal?

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-07 at 15.22.18.jpeg

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
The beak looks completely normal to me, after looking at a few photos of budgies posted around the forum. Such a cutie!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
She's beautiful - I love her powder blue color!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Several years ago, I picked up two adult female budgies from a breeder. Both had crusty brown ceres. Shortly after getting them home, one female lost half of hers...