• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feeding from foraging toys

Vera

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vera
My parrotlet doesn't play with hee toys.she will use some cheqing toys but is inactive most of the day(always has been) she likes foraging.
Would it be ok to offer her a fresh meal in the morning,take it out before leaving for work,and only offer her dey food in foraging toys during the day?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
As long as you know that she is eating from them, yes. Jingo gets at least 75% of his dry food in foragers. I do put a small amount in a bowl just in case.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's how I do Buddy's too. A small amount of seed buried under a bunch of toys nut shells Paper rolled into spirals. Then even his dish is a forager.

Remember our birdy's like stuff throughout the day too! Sometimes Buddy eats more during the through part of the afternoon then @ dinner. I'm usually home all day so my schedule maybe different.

There's a great article on foraging somewhere in my favs here or on my phone. If I can find it. I'll post it. Bunches of little ideas that lead me to more ideas.

:gbh: Rain

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh! Here it is. I may have gotten this link here. With all the reading I've done. I can't remember anymore...

Foraging

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yes to foraging and yes to some available in a bowl.

Sophie's digs ;)
She can forage from the comfort of her going (it's worn but she came here with it from the rescue it was in her cage ) it's her woobie! I will replace it soon with an identical one
20180725_214226.jpg

Attachments