• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fear

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I'm having a real problem with TD. The past month or so, TD has been showing fear at bedtime. He'll go to a corner of his cage and stare at a spot on the opposite side of the cage. I'll try rearranging his cage cover, moving his night light, whatever I can think of to hide whatever it may be that is scaring him. Sometimes I get it right and he climbs up to his favorite sleeping perch and all is well. Sometimes I can't. Never can I figure out what it is that has spooked him. I'm besides myself trying to help him. Is this a phase? Nothing in his night time habitat has changed, so it's very confusing to me. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Cappuccino frequently gets scared at bedtime, even though nothing has changed. My birds sleep in sleep cages in a partially opened closet. What I usually do is try to calm her down outside of the cage, and then put her in it before she can fly away. Once she is in, I close the door quickly while saying my good nights. It’s very dark in there, and once she can’t see much, I think she relaxes. She has never had a night fright. Maybe the light is making weird shadows for TD?