• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favourite Caique Toys/Get him to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I am having some problems with my little Douglas!
He used to play with toys like NUTS! Chew on wood like a beaver, hang around from everything and was a ball full of energy!

As he got older and learned to fly, he rarely plays at all. Sometimes he'll have spurts of hanging from his boing, or playing with foot toys, but for the most part he just stares out the window.
It makes me feel sad, and I wonder if he is bored.

I've tried new toys, rotated his cage, moved things around. Nothing!

But when I take him out of his cage, he insists on chewing my mattress (the foam layer on top), biting holes through my blankets, and is now chewing on my side table.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some toy suggestions, and maybe ways to get him to play more independently?

Doodle Bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Patricia
Nani loves this toy: Chew Too Toys - Busy Ball

But your best bet is going to be adding tons of foraging toys. Nani went throught the same thing where she stopped playing like she used to when she was a baby. I found that her favorites now are any and all foraging type toys.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Augie also doesn't play with much toys and he also likes to look out the window and scream at things. If I have something in my hand he wants it and if I give it to him he plays with it for a second or 2 and drops it. He likes to empty out the toy box as well, then he moves on. I think they like to play with as much as they can and as fast as they can.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Augie also doesn't play with much toys and he also likes to look out the window and scream at things. If I have something in my hand he wants it and if I give it to him he plays with it for a second or 2 and drops it. He likes to empty out the toy box as well, then he moves on. I think they like to play with as much as they can and as fast as they can.
Thanks! That makes me feel better, I was worried I broke my caique or something!

And those are great toys, Patricia! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.