• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favorite Toys and Music!

EPS

Meeting neighbors
Hi all -

Do your birds actually play with more than one toy at a time? My lovie seems to pick a favorite toy each rotation and pretty much ignores the rest...

Also - do your birds engage with music? If so, what types of music do your birds enjoy?

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Mine definitely choose one toy usually to fawn over. I actually find it *usually* is about the location but Bobber has one toy he calls his baby and it doesn't matter where I put it, he follows lol.

My Quakers don't really respond to much music; they do calm down more with classical or instrumental music. They hate any type of singing.

My green cheek loved techno and anything with a beat. She was very fond of the song Thrift Shop!!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Valentines favorite music is Abba, you should hear her chirp then and I also have a cd with soothing music for birds that she likes

peppertweety

Moving in
Real Name
Rebecca
Hi all -

Do your birds actually play with more than one toy at a time? My lovie seems to pick a favorite toy each rotation and pretty much ignores the rest...

Also - do your birds engage with music? If so, what types of music do your birds enjoy?

Thanks for the feedback!
Tweety has a few toys that she will play with at one time. Right now her favorite is the colorful popsicle stick toy :D But Pepper has never been very interested in toys, he prefers spending time with us or Tweety.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis will play with multiple toys. Although he periodically becomes fixated on one and will play with it until it is completely destroyed. But he normally has a few that he chews on throughout the day. And weirdly, he only seems to respond to my singing. If I play music for him, he tends to look confused like he doesn't understand where it's coming from. LOL. But if I sing, he'll dance.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
My birds have several untouched bird toys in the cage. All of the less touched ones are from the pet store, too. The ones they really like are homemade and super simple! They love simple stuff like crunching and hopping around in raffia. Not to mention they love their super simple ‘birdie piñatas’ that are homemade and made from napkins, treats inside, and raffia to secure the ends to keep it shut. And they LOVE their seagrass mat platform my dad made for him, and my dad is not really a bird person! But yeah, they generally stick with a toy and ignore the others.

As for music, my birds don’t head bob or do any dance to it. But they do an awful lot of chirping when music is playing. It can be any type, too. My dad usually has some calm contemporary Christian music playing and even then they chirp. They’re probably just chirping a lot and making more noise because there’s more noise than usual, though. I did wish they’d dance - that’d be so cute! Now, it’s totally different when there’s whistling going on. I like to whistle to my birds, and they’ll usually chirp back the same tune and everything. I love it. :heart:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
My birds all (from budgie to macaw) play with multiple toys at a time lol. They do best with variety and they will go from shreddable toy to pine to balsa to paper and back and forth lol. They go through them so quickly that I usually do a full cage redo once a week with new toys.
The only exception to this is my severe Fred. Fred likes his dinosaur shaped thin pine toy and he goes through one at a time. Once that one is gone I replace it. He has other toys available but he’s not into them.
My birds aren’t really into music, with the exception of Bowser. He loves soft ballads and Irish music :birdance: