• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favorite lovebird treats?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
My previous Lovebird would kill for safflower seeds. Sherbie could take or leave 'em. He likes sunflower seeds, but only if they're sprouted (he's weird). He'll bulldoze me for sprouts in general and of course he'd do anything for millet.

He gets upset with me if I don't hide millet in his cage for him to forage for. :cautious: He'll literally go over to his favorite toys and bash them around and peer between the slots to see if it's in there. If it's not, I get the look.

Muralou

Moving in
Real Name
Hazel
I have a couple of ice cube trays that I put a small amount of prat in and grow some of there seed in ( not the sun flower) and my two Loe and Poppy love a cube every now and then.
Just shack of the peat 1st and put it in as is.

lunasalix

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
My boys go crazy for carrots, cauliflower, grape seeds, cheerios, and (of course) millet.
Peaches would take my fingers off for any food - including things he doesn't actually like. Mango is more shy and will just stare me down while creeping slowly toward whatever treat I have until he's close enough to snatch it away.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
Kamara loves millet above all else so in order to get some fruit and veggies into her I baked some bird bread and added millet to the mix. It's her favourite treat now!
I used oat flour, millet, pureed banana (acts like an egg would) pureed sweet potato, cut up raspberries and pomegranate seeds. I baked them at 400 until they were fully cooked and then dried them out at 200 in the oven for a while to make sure they don't mold.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I must have missed the foster thread! How long have you had him?