• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favorite Cockatiel Toys

Moshimaru

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
What are your cockatiel favorite toys? Pictures of said toys would be a plus!

Mango needs some different toys for Christmas. She doesn't show much interest in many toys until months later and then interacts/destroys rhem.

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
My cockatiel loved when I just hung a piece if paper from his cage, he would just chew it up. But other than that I couldn’t find much others he liked. But that might just be him:shrug2:

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I don't have photos of the beaded toys we would make, but something like the photo below. The tiels loved to snip the plastic gimp / lacing and seemed to all but laugh as the beads hit the tray. Knot them like 5 at a time, so they have more work to get the string empty of beads :) The hanging beads are easy toys to make and remake (over and over again), the plastic lacing is the easiest for the tiels to snip to get the beads off, but you can use the beads over and over again.

And Molly's line of toys seem to be a huge hit with the smaller guys, this falling beads from the hat has been a huge hit with personal birds and many fosters over the years!

Mentioning names, @webchirp / Chandra makes some awesome stainless steel bell toys that are the biggest hits and last literally forever :) I don't have a photo of the one we have, but attached is a pic of another stainless steel toy the smaller birds like - yeah the noise thing :)

tiel toy .jpg molly toy 1.jpg stainless spoon.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I want to get a tiel one day so I'm curious about this topic too. I had a cockatiel in the past and he had toys but I wish I gave him more variety now. Do tiels like balsa? And the Chinese finger traps? And things like that?

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I want to get a tiel one day so I'm curious about this topic too. I had a cockatiel in the past and he had toys but I wish I gave him more variety now. Do tiels like balsa? And the Chinese finger traps? And things like that?

Definitely and oh heck yeah :) The balsa needs to be the thin pieces and they like the birdie kabobs too.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Mind loved sword hemp (look up sword hemp bird toy), so much so that I buried her with a bit.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella loves Chinese finger traps stuffed to paper. It makes a mess but it is worth it. Bella was first afraid of and now loves this toy from the best bird toys
@Laurie
Mini Crunch It Small Bird Toy Parrot Toy Shreddable Chew Toy

Bella also loves balsa wood and wicker shredders. She like to play with other things that aren't bird toys. Basically if I am doing it, she wants to help.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
OMG @Jenphilly those Molly's hats! My tiels love those, and making the beads fall!

My tiels also love balsa, finger traps, vine, sea grass, piñatas, paper, and anything else their little beaks can shred apart.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Flat cardboard soda can or soup can boxes are the best here,,and free from the grocery store..

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My cockatiel customers seem to like the finger traps, balsa, seagrass, vine shapes, cane twists, palm shredders...

If you want some examples and inspiration, my shop is at www.lilmonstersbirdtoys.com :)