• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Father Canary struggling to sing?

Adam21

Strolling the yard
Hello folks, so recently our father canary(first one) is struggling to sing, I have a theory about this but want to make sure he isn't sick in any way. So he has a mate and didn't sing as much anymore, so that's normal. However, he still tries to sing from time to time and the little baby boys would always jump in his face to listen and learn from him, interrupting him and causing many pauses. Did he slowly lose his ability to sing? He can still sing at points but mostly he is trying and not able to. Do I need to play some audio to retrain him or if I separate him from the female he will learn on his own again? I don''t need him to sing, I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with his lungs or any other health scare. He is about two or more years old now. Everything else seems normal, he is eating and drinking and bathing normally.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've never heard of a bird just losing the ability to sing? That would make me want a vet visit.

Adam21

Strolling the yard
I've never heard of a bird just losing the ability to sing? That would make me want a vet visit.
He sings but he sort of stutters or takes time, he is singing now pretty loudly again. I think it is the baby canaries interrupting him every time he tries to sing.