• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Farlie's antics and nutty behavior

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
Hi all,
The neatest thing just happened to me. :jawdrop1:
First the layout. Farlie's cage is in my bedroom in a corner by the window. I've never owned a TV but I do watch old movies and stuff on my 26" HP computer monitor at the foot of my bed next to Farlie's cage.
OK, I'm in bed laying down watching an eagle video I DLed from YouTube and Farlie is wanting attention. He doesn't like hands, he doesn't fly (Pet shop REALLY clipped his flight feathers severely.) and he doesn't bite so he's stretching out as far as he can to reach me from his flip down door but can't quite reach 10 feet. :laugh: What he does do is turns himself over upside down trying, again and again and again. (It is rather funny to watch him try.)
Now, I've tried to get him on my finger but he refuses to step-up so I just leave him there stretching. :laugh: So, he decides to climb to the top of his cage and stretches out again but flips down on his chest and hangs upside down looking over at me this time. :rofl:
OK, here comes the good part... He climbs back up to the top and starts flapping his wings as hard as he can, which looks like he's trying to pick up the cage and all, then lets go! MY GOSH, FLIGHT! He comes fluttering down almost on my belly but on the bed covers right next to me! I couldn't believe it! He's never flown that far before! It's always been a flutter flop to the floor. :wideyed:
The funniest thing is when he's left his cage, usually on the floor half scared to death and doesn't know what to do. His feathers are glued to his little body as he stands upright as stiff as a board with his eyes wide open just looking at daddy for help. (It's very funny to see this. :laugh: ) Stepping-up is not an issue now, for some reason. Ooooooooh Nooooooooo. He'll run to daddy's finger and step-up gladly in this situation... the stinker. :smuggrin:
Anyway, I tell him what a good bird he is and offer my finger for help. We each get lots of kisses and we end up watching the rest of the eagle video together while he snuggles up to daddy's neck and whiskers. ;)
Birds, ya gotta love 'em! :heart: :hug8:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I love it! Nibble (Tiel) was the same way wanting to be with me. He wouldn't flip over like Farlie but would kind of pump up and down and call to get me to get him.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Cheddar came to me with a "Half Clip" That is hs fights are trimmed back close to the coverlets. He can still fly like there's no tomorrow! :fly2: So I'll bet that Farlie will be zipping all over the place when his flights grow out. I'm waiting to see what Cheddar does myself. Could be a good thing could make me nutz! (OK, Nuttier) :wacky:

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
Haha! Birds are very surprising at times! Zazu does the whole smstand up tall neck extended, feathers glued to body too. I always ask him what's the trouble? Cause it looks like hes on watch for danger.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Well, he did it again! Only this time he missed the bad and landed on the floor.
What I don't understand is why he's so against hands and fingers. When I lowered my hand to the floor and stuck out my finger he ran to it and climbed up. I never said a word. BUT, when he's on his cage or in it, he runs from my hand and finger.
I'm puzzled. :shrug: :what:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Well, he did it again! Only this time he missed the bad and landed on the floor.
What I don't understand is why he's so against hands and fingers. When I lowered my hand to the floor and stuck out my finger he ran to it and climbed up. I never said a word. BUT, when he's on his cage or in it, he runs from my hand and finger.
I'm puzzled. :shrug: :what:
He know you are his buddy!

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Cheddar came to me with a "Half Clip" That is hs fights are trimmed back close to the coverlets. He can still fly like there's no tomorrow! :fly2: So I'll bet that Farlie will be zipping all over the place when his flights grow out. I'm waiting to see what Cheddar does myself. Could be a good thing could make me nutz! (OK, Nuttier) :wacky:
I believe what I'll end up with will be a 'Velcro' bird when his feathers grow back. :rofl:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Again, he flew to the bed but made it this time, right on the very edge tho. :laugh: He had to flap his wings to keep his balance and from falling backwards to the floor. :roflmao:
Funny thing about him is when he sits on my chest right up close to my chin and mouth he grabs my whiskers with one foot and tries to cover my face with his wing. :joyful: Yeah, standing on one foot with a wing wrapped around my chin. :rolleyes:

Is he trying to mate at 6 mo???

Last edited:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Well, not today. Didn't really want to visit daddy today. Much rather do a little exploring and playing instead. Climbed to the top and did some serious wing flappin', tho but no visiting. Sooooooo, daddy was left on the bed watchin' a movie all by himself.
Farlie climbed up and over a few times, in and out a few times and even played with a toy or two here and there. That was a first in a long time, well over a week. After all those antics it was lunch time and then a long nap, all afternoon it was... (daddy missed Farlie today... :sad1: )

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Today was about the same except Farlie wanted two showers this morning and wanted to get absolutely drenched, soaked to the bone. :laughin:
He loves water. I'm waiting for his molt, he may grow scales instead of feathers. :laughing6:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
To close this day out, Farlie is definitely doing better. He ate breakfast then took a shower, brunch and took another shower and then lunch and again a third shower. Sheesh! He's eaten two more meals this afternoon to boot, before nite nite.
His appetite is back and he's doing a little more playing. I've added three more grapevine perches and he loves to try to destroy them. Great beak exercises. :thumbsup:
His nails are a little long. I can touch his feet and toes thru the bars. He doesn't really like it but he doesn't run either. I might be able to clip those nails, one at a time, with my nail clippers.
YeeHaa, I think we got that sickness licked. :yes3:

Last edited:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I was laying on the bed watching a movie this afternoon while Farlie was out and about and horsing around on his cage when all of a sudden boom, Farlie lands on the foot of the bed standing upright as tall as he can, (You know how they do), and looking over at me. I called to him a couple times but he just stood there lookin'. He did bob up and down a couple times but other then that, he just stood there. :wideyed:
When I noticed I didn't have a shirt on, I reached for 'the Farlie shirt'. (It's the shirt he can poop on and stuff and the one I always wear when he's around.) Once I put it on he came runnin' and jumped upon my chest and ran to my mouth for kisses. :heart: :hug8:
I thot that to be very interesting having to wear a shirt if I want him crawlin' on me. I usually do anyway tho. :)

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Thot I'd make a new toy today so grabbed all my Stainless Steel Pear links and connected them together. Well, 4 at a time and while I was connecting them up, Farlie had to get right in the middle of what I was doing. I mean, right in the way! I could barely get anything done with his climbing all over my hands, so once I finished one 4 linked together I set it aside for Farlie to play with while I made another one. Guess what? Need I say more? (I wanna know what was wrong with the first one I made?) What a stinker... :roflmao: :heart:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Well as was once said "It's not the having it's the getting".

Cheddar is the same way as was Streak. Funny the Tiels and Miss Riti have better manners.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Man, I sure am glad this stinker is gettin' better. :dance4:
Caught him on his back, (First time in a month.), feet in the air, wrestlin' with a birdie bagel toy I made yesterday. :wideyed: He just loves to tear those things up. :rofl:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
We had a super good session last night. He wanted to play with me while I was watching a movie :popcorn2: so he did his famous 'flutter flop' :learntofly: to the floor which makes me have to get up and go get him. :dunce: So I did and also put on my Farlie shirt and he then got on my chest and started to preen my nose, eyes, ears and beard. (It tickles) Then he slid down to the bed and started 'diggin' into my side and tryin' to climb under me. :shrug: So I started to tickle him and he rolled over on his back to defend himself with his little feets in the air and I tickled his belly and he grabbed my fingers with his feets and I rubbed his neck and he started grabbin' my fingers with his beak and man, this went on for a good 45 minutes, me ticklin' and him grabbin'. :yes3:
I never thot I'd ever get him in that position. :gas1: He's definitely gettin' better and starting to become his old self again and realizing that hands really aren't that bad after all. :yes4:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Well, I think I've heard this guy trying to mimic the 'kisses' sound while he was up in his 'bed' taking a nap. This would be the first time he's tried to mimic anything. :hug8:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I'm pretty sure he was doing it again today.

So, I'm playing a computer game, right? Farlie wants attention, right? OK, so I put the game on pause and go get him, right? Now, all he wanted to do was to sit on my finger while I held my finger next to the side of my face so he could cuddle my face, right?
All I do is extend my arm over the waste basket and say "poop" every 15 to 20 minutes and he does.
What a silly bird... :confused: (Or am I the silly one...?)

Last edited:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Well, Farlie was way too curious yesterday. He's sitting on my shoulder preening the back of my neck hairs while I did the dishes. I have soapy hands and a soapy sponge and warm running water in the sink when all of a sudden he jumps right into the middle of everything. :dishes: I've now got to grab him immediately to wash off that soap. I hated to do it but under the running water I had to put him to get all that soap off. Needless to say he didn't like all that water all at once, poor baby. :cry3:
I apologized immensely and put him back in his cage. I felt so bad. :sad10: He was a drowned rat for sure but his cage is nice and warn. He never said a peep and went straight up to his bed to snuggle his Cozy Corner for awhile.
Within the hour he wanted out of his cage again and screamed loudly to let me know it. :imok: :laughing2:

How can you not love a bird? :shrug3::kiss2: