• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Farlie likes eggs, I guess...

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
He's always picked at them whenever I'd offered either hardboiled or softboiled to him but never dove into either as a great meal until...
I hardboiled two eggs this morning, put one in the fridge and sliced up the other one. Well, really only about 2/3 of the other one. I placed four slices on a piece of homemade bread covered in Mayo and left the rest of the egg in a clear glass bowl to munch on later. I pinched off a small piece of crust to keep him busy while I went back to the fridge to get some leftover chicken to place on top of the four slices of egg. As I turned back from the fridge I saw Farlie sitting on the edge of the bowl just helping himself to the leftover egg, the yolk, and the albumen. I chuckled at him cuz he was going at it like there wasn't going to ever be any more eggs ever in this world again.
By the time I'd finished building my chicken & egg sandwich he had that 1/3 leftover egg in a bazillion pieces. Most of the yolk was gone and the albumen was all over the inside of the bowl. He even had egg all over his beak!
When I asked him what he was doing, he just looked at me with one eye for a few seconds then dove back into the bowl of egg again.
I guess Farlie really likes eggs now.

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'd say so for sure! Lol

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:yah: Farlie!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I love the way you described this whole event.
I can picture Farlie with egg on his face lol

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dirty Dirty Birdy!

He'd probably like scrambled. I know your probably avoiding due to SPRING. Other then bird PMS season, I make them all the time for buddy (Orig. Pam) in pan & no milk in egg. Vet said Pam was fine just don't use it near Buddy (if Farlie goes in your kitchen)

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I don't own a frying pan cuz I don't like fried foods and I don't really like eggs scrambled anyway.
Yes, Farlie is allowed in the kitchen. This event took place on the counter top right next to the sink. :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't own a frying pan cuz I don't like fried foods and I don't really like eggs scrambled anyway.
Yes, Farlie is allowed in the kitchen. This event took place on the counter top right next to the sink. :)
You healthy eater you! You could make them in a saucepan very carefully! I save the part Buddy doesn't eat. Then a day or 2 later give him the other half. 10+10 seconds in microdoodle little wait inbetween to reheat frm fridge) Problem is it's spring so warm and bleh like not great idea, & I bet Farlie would need more then 2 meals worth.

(I don't like scrambled eggs either!)

Buddy doesn't like fried :smileflower:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
You healthy eater you! You could make them in a saucepan very carefully! I save the part Buddy doesn't eat. Then a day or 2 later give him the other half. 10+10 seconds in microdoodle little wait inbetween to reheat frm fridge) Problem is it's spring so warm and bleh like not great idea, & I bet Farlie would need more then 2 meals worth.

(I don't like scrambled eggs either!)

Buddy doesn't like fried :smileflower:
Don't own a microwave or a TV. Never found a use for them. :D Actually, I've never owned either.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't own a microwave or a TV. Never found a use for them. :D Actually, I've never owned either.
It sound like something my tv riddled brain can appreciate. I was actually watching (yes, I see the irony here) something & and there was a lady who was saying there's proof now, that microwaves alter our food in bad ways. I never researched it tho, I just keep wondering if it was Baloney Sausage or not. (Now, if I watched less Tv....). I'm caught in a never ending loop! I give up, Tv wins this time. :hehe:

:fairy2:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
It sound like something my tv riddled brain can appreciate. I was actually watching (yes, I see the irony here) something & and there was a lady who was saying there's proof now, that microwaves alter our food in bad ways. I never researched it tho, I just keep wondering if it was Baloney Sausage or not. (Now, if I watched less Tv....). I'm caught in a never ending loop! I give up, Tv wins this time. :hehe:

:fairy2:

I 'miss' out on all of that kind of stuff, the warnings and the recalls and stuff. I keep my life as simple as I can and avoid anything packaged or processed and pretty much eat everything fresh or homemade. Being an amateur cook I make most everything myself. I try to buy the best cuz I know the cheaper stuff is prone to mischief and inferior ingredients. That's not to say that the 'big boys' don't get into trouble too sometimes but what I've found, so far, in all the recalls and bad products that have come down over my lifetime are things I don't buy or eat anyway.
I don't follow the masses. I'm independent like a hermit and not a creature of habit as most humans are. I'm very alone in this life but not lonely.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I 'miss' out on all of that kind of stuff, the warnings and the recalls and stuff. I keep my life as simple as I can and avoid anything packaged or processed and pretty much eat everything fresh or homemade. Being an amateur cook I make most everything myself. I try to buy the best cuz I know the cheaper stuff is prone to mischief and inferior ingredients. That's not to say that the 'big boys' don't get into trouble too sometimes but what I've found, so far, in all the recalls and bad products that have come down over my lifetime are things I don't buy or eat anyway.
I don't follow the masses. I'm independent like a hermit and not a creature of habit as most humans are. I'm very alone in this life but not lonely.
How can you be lonely w/ that little feathery Dude! He's just so dang cute too!

Recalls, yes tons on processed.

I only get into trouble w/ peanut butter & fresh. when its fruits & veggy recalls. Usually lettuce. I used to buy a ton of those bagged salads, too many close calls. The last romaine scare I got lucky on. It was a save by my kid. Thank goodness she let me know! So there's never 100% but like you... I'd prefer to eat fresh, I think I get personally lazy. Buddy gets the Cadillac :andor: treatment in food stuff & I get to me & make a clown car! :rpg9:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
He's always picked at them whenever I'd offered either hardboiled or softboiled to him but never dove into either as a great meal until...
I hardboiled two eggs this morning, put one in the fridge and sliced up the other one. Well, really only about 2/3 of the other one. I placed four slices on a piece of homemade bread covered in Mayo and left the rest of the egg in a clear glass bowl to munch on later. I pinched off a small piece of crust to keep him busy while I went back to the fridge to get some leftover chicken to place on top of the four slices of egg. As I turned back from the fridge I saw Farlie sitting on the edge of the bowl just helping himself to the leftover egg, the yolk, and the albumen. I chuckled at him cuz he was going at it like there wasn't going to ever be any more eggs ever in this world again.
By the time I'd finished building my chicken & egg sandwich he had that 1/3 leftover egg in a bazillion pieces. Most of the yolk was gone and the albumen was all over the inside of the bowl. He even had egg all over his beak!
When I asked him what he was doing, he just looked at me with one eye for a few seconds then dove back into the bowl of egg again.
I guess Farlie really likes eggs now.
Naw birds don't eat eggs...Well maybe SOME do, right Streak? EggcuseMe.jpg

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Funny, Farlie won't touch an egg in that condition. He'll stand on his 'tippy toes' and take a couple of steps backward while looking at it. He likes it broken up somewhat at first.