• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Fancy Clancy

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He seems very focused on you.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How cute

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
He seems very focused on you.
He's a very nervous boy but trusts me as long as he knows exactly what I'm doing. Doesn't like to be pet but loves to talk to me and loves to be spoken to. Every night he tells me good night and won't stop until I tell him directly, "Good night Clancy!" You just have to love the greys!:)

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Greys are the best ...hes a cutie :)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
It ooks like he is well stocked for toys. I bet they make him feel secure.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It ooks like he is well stocked for toys. I bet they make him feel secure.
He loves to shred easy stuff like soft pine and cardboard but goes in streaks. I have a big skewer full of cardboard in there for him that he whittled the edges off of and it looks like the meat in a Greek Gyro restaurant! He hasn't done much with it in a while. I think it's time to move him back into some soft plastics!:rolleyes:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Is he a new bird to your life?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Is he a new bird to your life?
Nope, Clancy has been with me since about 2006. His only other owner was dying of cancer and wanted to find a new home for him. My boss at the time convinced me to help her find a home for him...when I went to meet her and him, she was convinced that I was his best chance. At the time, I couldn't imagine taking in another bird but did so to make her feel more at ease with the idea that if it didn't work out, I could always rehome him. One of the best things I've ever done. He's an amazing bird with a pretty good vocabulary. The best thing about older birds is you never know what will come out of their beaks! One day we were sitting around in the living room and Tuchis was making a bunch of noise and all of the sudden, Clancy yells, "Put a sock in it!" I nearly fell over! LOL! Haven't heard it since!:)

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! He must have been irritated by Tuchis :smuggrin:

That's so funny :D Did Tuchis zip it?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG! He must have been irritated by Tuchis :smuggrin:

That's so funny :D Did Tuchis zip it?
Clancy is under the impression that he is the only one who is allowed to make a lot of noise. He's constantly telling someone to "be quiet" or to "knock it off" but he is always chattering away and making some noise or another. He is definitely the crack up in the house and loves to get the other greys going. I can't say which parrot species I enjoy more but the greys are definitely something else when you have more than one because they all just whistle and talk and make their noises together and there is nothing like it. The Rosies are similar but they do more screaming!:) The Amazons seem to totally do their own thing.

I don't remember if Tuchis shut up or not. I was too in shock from what Clancy said and it was clear as a bell!

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I love Clancy's eyes... they speak many... Handsome man! :heart:

Ella yesterday was saying "Come" "Come" My Brutus (Mastiff/Great Dane) went to her cage she threw a pellet to him. I was "are you kidding me moment" One of Brutus commands is "Come" One can't even tell me they don't know what certain words mean. She is very very loud not all noises, so many words that I have to listen closely to some of the words she working through to learn. They are very special. :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I love Clancy's eyes... they speak many... Handsome man! :heart:

Ella yesterday was saying "Come" "Come" My Brutus (Mastiff/Great Dane) went to her cage she threw a pellet to him. I was "are you kidding me moment" One of Brutus commands is "Come" One can't even tell me they don't know what certain words mean. She is very very loud not all noises, so many words that I have to listen closely to some of the words she working through to learn. They are very special. :)
Yep, Clancy mumbles a lot too and I have no idea what he's saying but so much of what he says is so clear and used correctly. The other thing that amazes me about them is how they love to laugh and how they laugh at such appropriate times. They are so amazing!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol. Birds laughing warms the cockles off my heart :heart:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name