• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Falling in love???

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Ok I wasnt sure where to put this....toys, behaviour or parrotlet place. So here it is

Lewie was doing so so well...until i put his boiing in the cage...now i actually think hes fallen in love with it. To the detriment of his training. We really do seem to have gone backwards. He wont come out, not even for his fave treat. He will come to the door but runs straight back to his boiing. He kinda cuddles it and his head totally fluffs up for scritiching on it.
So my question is twofold...is this normal and should i remove it or let him play.
He does have other toys and he plays with them too however not as much as his boiing.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Is there anywhere outside his cage you can hang it? Bobber has a swing he's protective of and attacks me if its left in his cage.

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Erm not at the moment. Im working on it though i want him to have a corner in the living room. Maybe i should do it sooner than later. Guess i better remove it before it gets to be too big an issue

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
My lovies love their boing too:lol: I replaced most things with thick rope to thinner rope, that doesn’t trigger them. With them they became a little bit obsessed, like before breakfast they would be courting those things. They still have certain ‘special’ things, but love it in more healthy way. Henkie visits his rope about twice a day for a short visit:lol: I would take it out untill you get another place outside of the cage to hang it. You could improvised a place for now and hang it from Some furniture if you like. I have drilled a few small holes in my bed so I can hang toys and the like from it:p

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Hes due a cage deep clean tomorrow, i do this weekly so i can check his toys/cage for weakness damage etc as well as to obviously deep clean. I usually move his toys around then so i will replace the boiing with a new toy i was waiting to hang. I can put his boiing from a bracket on the wall by his cage. Hopefully this will help.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I think so! And moving all their things completely around helps a lot too.