1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Falcon Attacks @ 225 MPH

Discussion in 'Bird Watchers Road' started by Lady Jane, 4/13/18.

1. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
  2. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    Neat!

Lady Jane likes this.
  3. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    That is pretty incredible!

One time I was driving on the expressway and saw, from the corner of my eye, a bird drop like a rock from the sky.

I looked over as fast as I could and caught a glimpse of it. It was a peregrine falcon launching down to catch a pigeon on the side of the road. It was seriously so fast it seemed like the speed of light. I didn't realize it was over 200mph though. Wow!

TikiMyn, Lady Jane and faislaq like this.
  4. Shinobi

Shinobi Jogging around the block

I have seen a bird of prey catch a pigeon in mid air. That falcon hit that pigeon so hard I think the impact knocked out every feather on that pigeon.

5. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    I think the Falcons as a group are amazing. I had a close up experience with one in Colorado. It was a Kestrel that was attacking the tiny birds at my daughters bird feeder. These birds were so unaware as the Kestrel was sitting on the roof edge of neighbors home. He got one bird at a time and took this little bird to the roof with him and removed the feathers at first while the bird was still alive I think. It was heart wrenching to whiteness.

TikiMyn likes this.
  6. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    Truly survival of the fittest; no room for error. I would not be a long-lived falcon. :unsure:

TikiMyn likes this.
  7. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    Cool.

Lady Jane likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)