• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

F%+&$#g MICE!

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
As you guys may remember, I spotted mice in Dexter 's room over a year ago. You suggested dryer sheets, traps, steel wool in the entry points, and I'm mortified to say things keep getting worse. The mice just be well in the hundreds, and my room is the room that connects the garage to the rest of the house. I'm at the end of my rope. Here's what I've tried:

Dryer sheets
Electronic tra ps
Snapper traps (caught 12 or so before they wisened up)
"Glue traps" (grandmother uses them, I find them abhorrent and cruel, probably the worst way to die)
Mashed potato flakes and water
Putting steel wool in the walls to stop the mice (the chewed a six inch long hole around it, and have recently chewed through my door to get in)
A sound based mouse repellent
Cleaning the cage out every day (guess who found the food bowl? undeniably worse, I've started scrubbing the bowls before each meal)
Even poison (another thing I definitely don't approve of, dangerous for dex too)
I can't put the legs in water bowls (huge cage, maybe two inches off the ground and 200+ pounds)

I love mice. But gosh dang are they driving me crazy. I'm moving in less than a month, to a place without these beasties, but I'm hoping there's some way to stop them before they get Dexter sick in the meantime.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I don't like the idea of them drowning to death, but if you have a lot of mice walk the plank/rolling log/bucket traps are supposedly very effective...